Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweet Becky told me yesterday that my car went from 3800 on 12/2/13 to 4B00 and then 4D00 on the same day. She said the status means that it is on hold for quality checks. I am not concerned at this time as this might be a positive. This was all after my salesman told me Monday that it went to 4800. I had given him the status code list previously as according to him he had never seen one in his 17 years of selling cars. When I got the email from Becky, I emailed him and he checked and realized his mistake and apologized. The excitement of knowing the car was soon to come quickly calmed down Monday as I thought I should have it no later than Monday. Boy, I am glad it did because I was able to handle the bad news with ease. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was also told by chevy customer support that my car is at 4D00 (for a bit I thought they mistype as 4B00 is common). It was build on 12/3... here's to seeing them sooner than later!

·
Registered
3 Posts
4d00 isn't common, but I've seen it quite a few times. It's a QA thing, and should go away in a few days or in rare cases you'll go back to 4B00.

It could mean they found a QA issue, but more than likely since it happened on Monday, they are flashing your car with the latest software that just came out Monday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
4B00 = Bayed awaiting transportation... Rail or Truck

4D00 = Bayed for Quality Control Inspection (Unknown Time frame)

4D00 = Could be nothing more than a visual inspection, computer flash OR something bigger.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Sweet Becky told me yesterday that my car went from 3800 on 12/2/13 to 4B00 and then 4D00 on the same day. She said the status means that it is on hold for quality checks. I am not concerned at this time as this might be a positive. This was all after my salesman told me Monday that it went to 4800. I had given him the status code list previously as according to him he had never seen one in his 17 years of selling cars. When I got the email from Becky, I emailed him and he checked and realized his mistake and apologized. The excitement of knowing the car was soon to come quickly calmed down Monday as I thought I should have it no later than Monday. Boy, I am glad it did because I was able to handle the bad news with ease. :rolleyes:
I just found out that I was built yesterday and today I am at 4D00. Whats the 4D00 mean and how did it work out for you??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts