1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting info about this year's -

-----------------------------
6th Annual Corvette Invasion, held in Austin, TX - July 21st and 22nd, 2018

This year’s event will be bigger and better than ever.

Saturday, July 21st 3:00pm- 7:00pm all Corvette owners will meetup at the Circuit of the Americas racetrack for a Corvette Car Show and Shine, Vendors and Live Music.

Afterwards, the Corvettes will migrate over into the paddock area. Awards will be announced that evening.

Don't miss this experience of a lifetime and drive your Corvette around the only F1 track in America in the evening hours!

On Sunday morning between 9am-11am we will invade the Oasis Restaurant located at 6550 Comanche Trail, Austin, TX 78732 for an early lunch before heading back home.

Go to http://www.corvetteinvasion.com or https://www.facebook.com/events/388693058219684/ for more details.

Hope to see you all there!! :)

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Man I was hoping to make it this year....now hobby business calls me away that weekend. I'm making sure we get there next year. Looks incredibly Fun.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I will be there for sure. This event is well run and gets better and better every year. Usually the NCM is even in attendance, which is great.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the scheduling changes this year, especially the later start and parade laps on Saturday.
I am really interested to see how the parade laps in the night time go! Unfortunately, there is also a concert at the track that evening that I am going to, so I'll be missing the parade laps. But will be interesting to watch the concert with lines of Corvettes driving by on the track..

·
Registered
484 Posts
I am really interested to see how the parade laps in the night time go! Unfortunately, there is also a concert at the track that evening that I am going to, so I'll be missing the parade laps. But will be interesting to watch the concert with lines of Corvettes driving by on the track..

If you want to go to COTA in the evening there is a HPDE on July 13, 2018 w/Edge Addicts.

The parade laps are just to slow for me.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm with you on parade laps being slow.. after blasting down the backstretch at 147mph during HPDEs, anything else is a letdown.

However, I'm not so sure about doing 147mph in the dark.. even if it is somewhat lit with lights during the Edge Addicts event. I'm not that old, but I don't see like I used to in the dark anymore.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
If you want to go to COTA in the evening there is a HPDE on July 13, 2018 w/Edge Addicts.

The parade laps are just to slow for me.
Alright since I can’t make the invasion maybe I can make this. Wow COTA at night at speed?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I may go...its my son's birthday so we shall see...I will be at Cars and Coffee tomorrow though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts