Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting, it seems, for Z06 info for years and years. However, we are getting close to the Z06 info-dam to start to crumble, then collapse open.

* Order Guide one week from today (18th);
* Pricing in 17days (28th), unless a member of the media, which will have pricing August 21st or 22nd, breaks that embargo;
*Dealers receive Z06 allocation in 17 days (28th); and
*First Z06 consensus (Sept. 18).

Not new news, but we are getting to crunch time, so many pieces of Z06 new info being released starting a week from today, e.g., starting with the Order Guide. Will the Guide produce some new options or info surprises, as did the StingRay's when it was released earlier this summer? Might we see final versions of the different Z06 stages at Carlisle ( 22-24th), and/or the following week at NCM "20th Anniversary Celebration", or ???

Also we learned there would be a release of additional Z06 "information" at that time. Are we thinking final 0-to-60, quarter mile, fuel economy (gas guzzler tax or not?), weight, or ???

With the first Z06 actual orders going in about five weeks from now, about a month after the order guide, are you ready to order you Z06? If not, what info do you need, what pictures do you need, etc., to make your final decisions? Need to see a final version if a stage 1, stage 2, or a Z07 first?

Some of us started our initial decisions in the following thread.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/corvette-z06-purchasing/4819-our-z06-spec-list.html

What are you thinking/needing to finalize your order specs? Are you willing to hold off placing your order until all you need has been revealed?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I suppose if one wishes to order the Daytona Sunrise Orange it would be beneficial to have an idea of just what it looks like prior to writing a blank check to the dealer for the car.
I wonder when GM will update their website for both the Stingray and Z06 to provide pricing and build info? To date, their is still no info. on the 2015 Stingray, which seems odd as the car is now being built in B.G.!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Living in the Northeast (think snow) I'd really like a good estimate of the delivery date. Courtesy Delivery vs NCM Delivery could affected by weather.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point Bob. Probably like you, I check the Chevy "build" site daily. The 2015 StingRay's build site is so, so late. From a conversation with Harlan many months ago, the Corvette team was hoping, contrary to last summer when the StingRay's Build site was MIA for so long, the 2015 StingRay build site would be up and running long time ago. As you can imagine, the build site is another part of GM's organization.

Was thinking about what I need to place my Z06 order, and unless there are some new Order Guide option or option-delete surprises, as there were when the StingRay's Order Guide was released, need option codes for many of my already-made decisions. For example, need the option code for the Z's 7-speed manual. Also, while every Z06 shown to date has had a black spoiler, is this an option like the StingRay's TTV, or standard? We have lots to learn. Need that order Guide next Monday!

What other info, besides finally seeing real Daytona Orange Sunrise Metallic pictures, do you need before placing your order?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I want to see what the final stage 2 exposed carbon aero kit looks like. I don't like the fact that the front lip is exposed except the sides and winglets. If that is final I will be getting carbon Flash.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I believe I've got a real good idea of exactly what I want in options, however we're still in the dark as far as the final Stage 1, 2 and Z07 aero are going to be and how they are going to appear on the car. Not to mention the availability of the various options we're going to want. I've even had second thoughts about the vinyl stinger hood option I might even consider when the time comes.......

·
Registered
817 Posts
I believe I've got a real good idea of exactly what I want in options, however we're still in the dark as far as the final Stage 1, 2 and Z07 aero are going to be and how they are going to appear on the car. Not to mention the availability of the various options we're going to want. I've even had second thoughts about the vinyl stinger hood option I might even consider when the time comes.......
I'm not sure about the hood either. The stripe could easily be added after the car is delivered. May very well be able to easily be removed also (guess).

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saw the stinger in person on a Z06, have seen it on several StingRays. Take a look at the glossiness of the paint versus the vinyl stinger, on this GM official picture. I already have my body shop ready to paint me a glossy black one (and repaint the hood vent the same glossy black) -- though have also seen a painted carbon flash black stinger that looks great also!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I need a few things before I'm ready to order. Beyond final pricing I need:
  • to get my wife her new truck (late spring)
  • fun/toy bank account to reach a certain level - happens in a few months
  • see a Z06 in person first
  • reviews of the new eight speed
  • make a final call on paint color - Laguna Blue or Tiger Shark (tough call)
  • return Dads C4 to him (fall or spring)

other than the paint color I think figuring out all the other options will be easy enough once the final info will be enough. Then it's on to aftermarket customizations - tint, wrap, some CF pieces here and there, etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I need to see price mostly lol. And then wait till a dealer will give me my discount and then im set.

I wish it was a pearl white. I might just get it arctic white and wrap fully body in pearl.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Saw the stinger in person on a Z06, have seen it on several StingRays. Take a look at the glossiness of the paint versus the vinyl stinger, on this GM official picture. I already have my body shop ready to paint me a glossy black one (and repaint the hood vent the same glossy black) -- though have also seen a painted carbon flash black stinger that looks great also!

Okay LOL, back to Plan A again. I think that vinyl strip cost around $500.00, so what I save can be applied to having it done in paint and clear. I've never seen it in person, so thanks John for the insight.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Yelp, Tom, the point is finding a person you trust enough to paint your Z06 (although just a small part, but, still, you would need a lot of trust in him).

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm going A little off target again.So many people talk about the 8 speed auto for the Z06. So am I right for thinking very few will
Be ordering the 7 speed manual for it?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I'm going A little off target again.So many people talk about the 8 speed auto for the Z06. So am I right for thinking very few will
Be ordering the 7 speed manual for it?
No, I don't think so. I would expect the A8 to be the minority, at least for the first year. That may change in 2016 and beyond as the hard core appetites are filled but overall I still believe the manual will be more than 50%. The manual take rates will probably increase as you go up the performance path with the Z07 being close to 100% unless the initial tests of the A8 prove to be spectacular.

Reactions: Bringe

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm probably going to stick with Silver. However, I'd love to see some Z06 pictures in the different colors in both coupe and convert and with the different wheel options etc. I've only seen the same pics that have been online for the past 6+ months: the blue convertible with black wheels, Gray coupe with silver wheels, yellow coupe with black wheels, and the silver convert with silver wheels. Oh, and the recent white Z06 pic with black wheels which actually looks stunning. I haven't even seen 1 picture of the car I'm planning to order: a blade silver coupe. I'm a bit impatient so it's a little annoying to be honest.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yelp, Tom, the point is finding a person you trust enough to paint your Z06 (although just a small part, but, still, you would need a lot of trust in him).
Good question Rodney, the individual I'll have doing it is a high end $$$ shop owner that's been in the business for years who's the son-in-law of one of my best and oldest friends. All the Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari and Lambo owners go to him for repair work. Feel pretty confident he'll be able to come through. Also considering having him clear coat the whole car so there's enough material to cut and rub for a show quality finish in the event there are any problems with the paint upon delivery. Whatever it takes. It's unfortunate, based on some of the other threads on paint quality that there's a possibility I may find it necessary to go to the additional expense to make it right for myself. Whatever.....

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
So...has anyone's dealer notified them of initial Z06 allocations?

The numbers were due today, right?
I was told they are. I have not heard yet. I may call tomorrow if I don't hear something later today.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts