Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 73 Corvette last month I ordered right and left grills from Ecklers, Corvette Central and Street Edge and none of them fit. The originals are about 14 1/2 inches across at the widest part, but the 3 sets I ordered were about 16 1/2 at the widest part ! ! ! Does anyone know where I can find the proper dimensions of the grills for a 73 ? Help Popeye Help.....

·
Registered
405 Posts
IMHO, trust the originals and not Ecklers. Everything I have ordered from them is nearly correct. My source of technical is data is always NCRS. The technical forum and/or a meet of theirs. On the technical forum you can usually find the contact to a judge for your generation car with a bit of searching. NCRS will cost you a membership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alchmst, speaking of Ecklers 3 years ago the left front tire on my Vette blew out taking about a 3rd of the fender with it. So I ordered a replacement from Ecklers but they shipped me a 1970 fender and it took a month and a whole lot of arguing with Customer Service Department until I got the right person on the phone, and sent pictures to him but the woman who was supposed to be in charge of customer service said to me Mr. Joyner we at Ecklers do not ship the wrong parts ever and was adamant about it. On top of that she wanted me to pay the $275.00 to ship it back ! ! ! And I never even got so much as a ," Sorry Mr. Joyner for the inconvenience and I have spent thousands of dollars with them over the last 3 years.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve never had a problem with Yogi Bair or Corvette Central.
Many years ago, I bought a fibreglass rear spring for my 1980 Corvette. I picked a nice day to install it then immediately parked the car in the garage. The next morning I returned to the garage and found the new rear spring had snapped in two. They did take the spring back and refund my money with no comment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own a 73 Corvette last month I ordered right and left grills from Ecklers, Corvette Central and Street Edge and none of them fit. The originals are about 14 1/2 inches across at the widest part, but the 3 sets I ordered were about 16 1/2 at the widest part ! ! ! Does anyone know where I can find the proper dimensions of the grills for a 73 ? Help Popeye Help.....
You may look/talk to Mid America Motor Works
They may be able to hook you up

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had good luck with MidAmerica Motor Works

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve never had a problem with Yogi Bair or Corvette Central.
Many years ago, I bought a fibreglass rear spring for my 1980 Corvette. I picked a nice day to install it then immediately parked the car in the garage. The next morning I returned to the garage and found the new rear spring had snapped in two. They did take the spring back and refund my money with no comment.
And no comment ! ! ! How do ya like
that......And thanx for the reply

1 - 9 of 9 Posts