Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys:

I am still on the waiting list to order 8AT. my dealer won't take my order since the constraints. But I heard people have been ordered 8AT Z06 successfully from place to place. How can they order it without getting bumped. Was that because they ordered from a bigger dealership? My dealership has 35 allocations, I am on the bottom to that list by the way. Do you think I may still have a chance to place the order by the end of this year? Thanks guys

James

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
If I understand your post correctly James your dealer has not entered your order in the GMWorkBench. That is the first step in the process and should not be an issue of existing constraints. If you have not read the following thread I would suggest you do http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-purchasing/1552-urgent-order-delivery-useful-information.html . A dealer can place your order into the GMWorkBench regardless of constraints. Once it is in the WorkBench then GM releases allocations and at that point it is up to your dealer to give you one of their allocations or to give the allocations at that time to another of their customers. If there are two customers and one has an order with no current constraints and the other has a component or two that is constrained, the dealer will bump the customer with the order that has no constraints up and give them the allocation even if they were further down on the dealer's list. You might want to consider contacting one of the larger dealers- see our forum dealer sponsors, to place your order.

·
18,670 Posts
"Jsvette" has perfectly and accurately explained what you are experiencing.

Another key issue is to please disregard some of the posts made elsewhere on the internet, when people have posted that their Z06 A8 order has been accepted by GM. Nothing is further from being accurate, i.e., while a dealer may have entered an A8 order onto their computer, and while it may still sit there at status 1100, that means absolutely nothing, for without it reaching GM's acceptance status (status 2000), it is similar to one placing a hook on a line and proclaiming that they will catch a huge salmon in the next hour, or another person buying a lottery ticket, before the drawing, and already proclaiming that they will be spending this way or that, e.g. optimistic fantasy.

GM will not begin to accept a single Z06 A8 order until their total constraints are off, and per GM's last internal written communication to its dealers on this specific subject, that is between now and five weeks from now. Of course, GM can change that schedule, but until they do, until they remove the 100% constraint on Z06 A8's and convertibles, no one's order for either option/model has either been accepted, nor going anywhere.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Also, the constraints report came out today, and no Corvette allocations were released today. It will be at least a week before anyone sees any additional movement toward 2000.

·
Registered
896 Posts
MORE SIMPLE : ours swiss price list doesn't let have any chance to order an A8 as the option itself is not printed for "our" only Vette: The Z51 !!! :confused:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your contributes!!! Really appreciate it. I guess, I will need to talk to my dealer and get my order put into "GMWorkBench". Take care guys!

James

·
Registered
118 Posts
When my dealer tried to enter my order this week, he told me the system stated that no A8 orders will be accepted until Q1 2015. That seems like a long time to me, but it may be just for Canada.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
If that is for the USA as well, that is not good news.

·
18,670 Posts
The dealer made a statement that was not correct for USA orders/production. Just a week ago Tadge said that the automatics were approximately a month out. The official GM last communication, made to its dealers in an internal memo, stated,

"First order submission for the 2015 Z06 in the Dealer Order Submission Process [DSOP] will be September 18, 2014. Please be aware that only Z06 Coupe with Manual Transmission will be available to order for this first DOSP cycle. We anticipate that both the 8-Speed Automatic Transmission and Convertible models will be available in 1-2 months after this first DOSP.

We have passed three of those approximate eight weeks, meaning if the timetable has not changed (and dealers have not been told that it has), that the order windows for A8 s and convertibles should open by November 13th. Had the dealer said that the start of actual A8 and convertible production would be the beginning of the 1st quarter, he probably would have been correct for USA orders. As of yet, we have not seen any delayed timetable information for Canadian orders.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, we don't even have official pricing here yet, so I suspect there will be a bit of a delay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts