I'm in Long Beach, CA, part of the Los Angeles area. I found one local dealer who would order for MSRP off of a USAA referral. I put in my order, paid my $1K deposit, and am in the queue with the rest of the world. So far the dealer has been professional and courteous, and I will likely wait for my special order, although another website recently announced it could be up to a year to get a Z51. You know what they say about everything you read on the internet.
My real dilemma, should I try negotiating at another dealer to get MSRP off the floor, or just wait patiently for my order. There is a Black/Black Z51/7MT 3LT in the LAX metro area that would fit the bill quite nicely. They're only asking $15K over sticker. I do wonder if they would blink with a cash customer.