Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a 7 speed manual yesterday. It was great but I got a warning on the display saying speed was limited to 85 mph? I changed modes and got the same. Got any ideas why?

·
1,400 Posts
There is a setting that you can apply to warn you if you exceed a set limit

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
There is a setting that you can apply to warn you if you exceed a set limit

Yep, I usually set mine to 90 on cars that have the feature but the message stays up so long on the C7 I bumped it up to 100. I thought about turning it off but 100+ really gets the cops attention and will get you a special trip to the station in many counties down here so I need the reminder.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But the car would not go faster?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah the warning is driver set. As for governing the vehicle at set speeds in valet mode I'm going to have to play with that. I would govern mine to 25 in valet mode if this is possible.

CPL Mo USMC Vet

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Nothing limits the speed of a c7 except the built in limiter at a rediculous speed like 185 or whatever. Valet mode just locks stuff, does not affecting anything else. I wish it did.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a 20 min test drive so I don't know if it was valet mode or not. But I love the idea that you could limit some kid from taking it out for a joy ride! I was in 3rd or 4th gear and tried Touring and Sport modes. I could swear I saw something in the owners manual but can't find it now.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
It was a 20 min test drive so I don't know if it was valet mode or not. But I love the idea that you could limit some kid from taking it out for a joy ride! I was in 3rd or 4th gear and tried Touring and Sport modes. I could swear I saw something in the owners manual but can't find it now.
Nope, Valet mode does not limit speed, neither does this warning, it's just informational and set buy the owner/driver.

Valet mode locks the Infotainment system, glovebox and top (on a convertible), that's all it does.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I will figure this out and post it. I might be crazy but I know what I saw. Wait! That is what UFOers say?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Thanks. I will figure this out and post it. I might be crazy but I know what I saw. Wait! That is what UFOers say?
What exactly are you trying to figure out? If the message popped up but you were able to go faster than 85 then it's the speed warning.

However, there is an error mode that will limit speed. See attached.

ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1404329804.449254.jpg

·
Registered
699 Posts
I was told at NCM that Valet mode also keeps the car in V4 configuration. I can't find it in the manual though.

After further investigation, I don't think the V4 thing is true in valet mode.

Michael

·
1,400 Posts
The valet mode has spurned a lot pf myths. When I picked my car, the sales person told me that valet mode restricts the speed of the vehicle to 25 mph. Pretty ridiculous how uninformed sales people actually are.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

1 - 20 of 31 Posts