Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember posts about this but can't find them. I received e-mail from GM to get the upgrade for $99. Since I've owned the car for 4.5 and Plan to drive it to the IMSA race @ Laguna Seca in September I thought I'll buy it. How do you install it? Do you need a lap top to install it? If it is a simple plug in thing & it does its thing, I'll buy it. Since I've had hassels just playing the radio I'm not sure about getting it. Is it something you have to take to the dealer to get installed? Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
I remember posts about this but can't find them. I received e-mail from GM to get the upgrade for $99. Since I've owned the car for 4.5 and Plan to drive it to the IMSA race @ Laguna Seca in September I thought I'll buy it. How do you install it? Do you need a lap top to install it? If it is a simple plug in thing & it does its thing, I'll buy it. Since I've had hassels just playing the radio I'm not sure about getting it. Is it something you have to take to the dealer to get installed? Thanks
4.5 years? I assume your car pre-dates 2016 so U don't have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.. if so.. U still have a phone with Google Maps. I'd buy a Phone holder for $10 on Amazon before spending $99 on a map update.

·
Administrator
14,879 Posts
It is a USB drive you will receive upon payment. It is unique to your VIN. You plug it in and follow its instructions. As I recall from others who have done it, the printed instructions advise you should not drive while the install is being done, but the on screen instructions once the update starts, says you can go ahead and drive. It is essentially a plug and play. Does not require any trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yes as Jeff advises. i did it about 6 months ago i believe. Totally plug and play. No dealer involvement needed.

·
Registered
862 Posts
We have two C7s. We try to update each every other year. As mentioned, start the car, plug the USB into the car ( I use the one in the console so I can read the instructions on the center screen) and follow the instructions.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes as Jeff advises. i did it about 6 months ago i believe. Totally plug and play. No dealer involvement needed.
Did you start the update and then drive? It's against my principles to let any car idle for 50 minutes. I did call GM Nav Sys today and the guy told me it safest to idle in PARK for 30-50 minutes for the update. I explained I just couldn't do that. Then he offered: It's possible that any interruption cold mess the whole ystem up and require a dealer reset. OR if a bump causes the update to stop - same thing. Please advise how you updated?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yes. Started the download. Went for a drive. Less than 30 minutes as i recall and it was done. No issues, no problems, no drama.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
15snow-ray
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing