Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spending way too much time getting gloss? this took 15 min - a no hose parking lot washing with Duragloss Rinseless and "Spray as you dry" Duragloss Aqua wax....

"How to" rinseless docs here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vt2pngsnvc80rak/AACCVEAnAlZywmRynTAhOsRua

This is not meant to replace real polishing or an initial detail, but a great weekly practice....

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Yep, I followed this very procedure in my garage around 2 weeks ago (using Blackfire products) and I was very pleased with the results.

I'll admit to taking a good bit longer than 15 minutes, but I enjoyed the time I spent on it.

I do have one question - what is your recommended process for washing "dirty" MF towels? Currently I just throw them in the washer with laundry detergent, which seems to line-up with your final suggestion in the 2nd attachment. Is laundry detergent the best way to clean 'em?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I followed this very procedure in my garage around 2 weeks ago (using Blackfire products) and I was very pleased with the results.

I'll admit to taking a good bit longer than 15 minutes, but I enjoyed the time I spent on it.

I do have one question - what is your recommended process for washing "dirty" MF towels? Currently I just throw them in the washer with laundry detergent, which seems to line-up with your final suggestion in the 2nd attachment. Is laundry detergent the best way to clean 'em?

Here are all my docs I send out : download the one called " taking care of your tools"

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/75b2e6ug1rwrk7q/AABRWhrfXfEzMg41JnMeL4Csa

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I noticed this tidbit in that document,

"The Blackfire Products: NOT IN THE GARAGE! They don’t like heat – keep them inside under the sink or in your office closet."

Very good to know.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I noticed this tidbit in that document,

"The Blackfire Products: NOT IN THE GARAGE! They don’t like heat – keep them inside under the sink or in your office closet."

Very good to know.
Unless your garage is climate controlled, like mine ;)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
How do you like the DG rinseless? Haven't used DG. I've been using onr and dp for years.

Nice job btw

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you like the DG rinseless? Haven't used DG. I've been using onr and dp for years.

Nice job btw
I've used DP, BF AND DG and ONR.......I found they all work great, Duragloss is the cheapest and also is synergistic with their Aquawax, like here, so you get an amped up gloss.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I've used DP, BF AND DG and ONR.......I found they all work great, Duragloss is the cheapest and also is synergistic with their Aquawax, like here, so you get an amped up gloss.
glen, I have downloaded all your docs Outstanding detail information. I still have a few questions about a couple of products that you listed I would like to try. As you know Jon at Absolute Perfection detailed my C7 with CQuartz UK and I keep it clean with ONR.

1. I was advised to use CarPro's paint sealant spray Reload (same company as the coating that is protecting my C7) If I want to apply a spray wax. Could I try Duragloss Aqua Wax, or stick with what was recommended?

2. Tires, use Blackfire Total Eclipse Tire Shine, follow your procedures.

3. Interior, use Poorboys World Natural Look Dressing, use on everything.

4. Do you purchase all your detailing gear from autopia car care?

All the hard work and time that you spent detailing your Masterpiece is surely appreciated by all members who seek your advice.

SF
Rick

Reactions: Mobius

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1. Stay with ONR, as you own it, to do the rinseless wash like I do, then spray& dry with Aquawax. My car is also cquartz and reloaded, this works fine on top of it.

2. I buy everything from autopia except duragloss, I buy that from their own site, shipping is cheaper. I buy rinseless and Aquawax by the gallon.

Once you get your car right with my method or a good detail, the 15 min process here keeps it that way. I'll probably dawn and reload again every 6 -9 months....then go back to the 15 min above, etc...

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
1. Stay with ONR, as you own it, to do the rinseless wash like I do, then spray& dry with Aquawax. My car is also cquartz and reloaded, this works fine on top of it.

2. I buy everything from autopia except duragloss, I buy that from their own site, shipping is cheaper. I buy rinseless and Aquawax by the gallon.

Once you get your car right with my method or a good detail, the 15 min process here keeps it that way. I'll probably dawn and reload again every 6 -9 months....then go back to the 15 min above, etc...
glen, thank you! I'm set now on detailing products!! This is why I'm a member of this site, now I can spend more time enjoying and driving my Masterpiece!! Order already placed.

SF
Rick

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
glen, thank you! I'm set now on detailing products!! This is why I'm a member of this site, now I can spend more time enjoying and driving my Masterpiece!! Order already placed.

SF
Rick
Yup, this is what it's all about, using new technologies in products to spend LESS TIME detailing, not more. Too many Vette owners are caught in the 90's when they detail, IMO

·
Registered
41 Posts
Add my name to the long list of glen e fans. Waiting for my C7, I read all the glen e documents, and stocked up on all the Blackfire products. By the time I took NCM delivery, glen e and other posts convinced me to go with CQ Finest. It turned out great. This week I used the glen e BF processes (to the letter) on my '96 C4 and it looks spectacular. As much as I pamper my C4, it simply never had this gloss. So, whether you follow the glen e detailing documents or go for CQ, using glen e to blaze your trail will point you in the right direction. Thanks glen.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thx, there is no substiture for a great detail person with skill, but new cars can be done with a great DIY procedure too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts