Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was after a remote start I drove the car home and parked in the garage. I noticed the A/C blower motor was still running long after the car was turned off. This ran the battery low and had to jump start the car. After the jump the A/C started to work fine but if I had not been home this would have been a problem "not having a charger" to start the car on the road!!! Has anyone else had this problem or is this an isolated incident?

·
Administrator
15,148 Posts
I do not recall hearing about this previously. By A/C blower, I take it you mean the internal (cabin) fans? The radiator fans can and do run sometimes after shut down if the engine is quite hot. However, that should not run down the battery.

How old is the battery in your C7? There have been numerous reports of 'gremlin' type electrical issues when the battery starts to need replacement.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I seem to recall that this is normal in certain high humidity conditions, to prevent moisture and mold build up in the ventilation system. There is a way for the dealer to shut the function off.

Here's an earlier thread about this (start with post #6): https://www.stingrayforums.com/threads/after-blow.22937/

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
This happens in my wife's 300 once in a while, but I've never seen it happen with my C7.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I seem to recall that this is normal in certain high humidity conditions, to prevent moisture and mold build up in the ventilation system. There is a way for the dealer to shut the function off.

Here's an earlier thread about this (start with post #6): https://www.stingrayforums.com/threads/after-blow.22937/
The description posted by OP is not how after-blow works. After-blow will not run the interior fan at the time the engine is shut down. It will run the fan for 20-30 seconds a few minutes after shut down and repeat up to four times. The purpose of after-blow is as stated to dry the evaporator to prevent mold build up and related odors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was after a remote start I drove the car home and parked in the garage. I noticed the A/C blower motor was still running long after the car was turned off. This ran the battery low and had to jump start the car. After the jump the A/C started to work fine but if I had not been home this would have been a problem "not having a charger" to start the car on the road!!! Has anyone else had this problem or is this an isolated incident?
Update I thought that the blower motor issue was an isolated incident but lo and behold just the other day I started the C7. Outside temp 58* the A/C came on setting 60* Blower motor on high would not adjust or turn off and vent selection jumped from windshield to floor back to a/c vent. So I took it to the nearest Chevrolet dealership ( this was on Friday). I have an extended warranty with Concord Auto Protect the service Manager calls on Wednesday (yesterday) saying it looks like a software update problem and that a bulletin was out on the issue. This was not covered under my warranty because no parts needed to be replaced. This would have been done under my factory bumper to bumper that had expired before the bulletin even came out and I had no earlier issues. The out of pocket was over $250 but my warranty company agreed to pay $100.00 of this charge. After reading your comments I ask them to check the battery (called back needing replacement) and do an oil change. I then get a call back from the Manager stating that after the battery was replaced the Tachometer and speedometer gages had stop working!! Wow!!! Waiting on a call now, with the oil change package 3 for $160 (Moble-1) , software update and new battery install I am up to about $700. Will keep you guys informed!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update I thought that the blower motor issue was an isolated incident but lo and behold just the other day I started the C7. Outside temp 58* the A/C came on setting 60* Blower motor on high would not adjust or turn off and vent selection jumped from windshield to floor back to a/c vent. So I took it to the nearest Chevrolet dealership ( this was on Friday). I have an extended warranty with Concord Auto Protect the service Manager calls on Wednesday (yesterday) saying it looks like a software update problem and that a bulletin was out on the issue. This was not covered under my warranty because no parts needed to be replaced. This would have been done under my factory bumper to bumper that had expired before the bulletin even came out and I had no earlier issues. The out of pocket was over $250 but my warranty company agreed to pay $100.00 of this charge. After reading your comments I ask them to check the battery (called back needing replacement) and do an oil change. I then get a call back from the Manager stating that after the battery was replaced the Tachometer and speedometer gages had stop working!! Wow!!! Waiting on a call now, with the oil change package 3 for $160 (Moble-1) , software update and new battery install I am up to about $700. Will keep you guys informed!!!
Sorry $600.00

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not recall hearing about this previously. By A/C blower, I take it you mean the internal (cabin) fans? The radiator fans can and do run sometimes after shut down if the engine is quite hot. However, that should not run down the battery.

How old is the battery in your C7? There have been numerous reports of 'gremlin' type electrical issues when the battery starts to need replacement.
Yes, I am talking the (Internal Cabin Fan) I did take your advice on the battery ck. Although I wish I had been present to see but had it replaced in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts