Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was after a remote start I drove the car home and parked in the garage. I noticed the A/C blower motor was still running long after the car was turned off. This ran the battery low and had to jump start the car. After the jump the A/C started to work fine but if I had not been home this would have been a problem "not having a charger" to start the car on the road!!! Has anyone else had this problem or is this an isolated incident?

·
Administrator
15,111 Posts
I do not recall hearing about this previously. By A/C blower, I take it you mean the internal (cabin) fans? The radiator fans can and do run sometimes after shut down if the engine is quite hot. However, that should not run down the battery.

How old is the battery in your C7? There have been numerous reports of 'gremlin' type electrical issues when the battery starts to need replacement.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I seem to recall that this is normal in certain high humidity conditions, to prevent moisture and mold build up in the ventilation system. There is a way for the dealer to shut the function off.

Here's an earlier thread about this (start with post #6): https://www.stingrayforums.com/threads/after-blow.22937/

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
This happens in my wife's 300 once in a while, but I've never seen it happen with my C7.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I seem to recall that this is normal in certain high humidity conditions, to prevent moisture and mold build up in the ventilation system. There is a way for the dealer to shut the function off.

Here's an earlier thread about this (start with post #6): https://www.stingrayforums.com/threads/after-blow.22937/
The description posted by OP is not how after-blow works. After-blow will not run the interior fan at the time the engine is shut down. It will run the fan for 20-30 seconds a few minutes after shut down and repeat up to four times. The purpose of after-blow is as stated to dry the evaporator to prevent mold build up and related odors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts