Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find this hard to believe. I had been checking on my C7's status on Mondays but when I did that this week they told me I was at 3400. I couldn't take waiting until Monday and chatted again today and she said that they no longer know the codes. Car is online to be produced but no vin # or production date is known. Has anybody heard of this?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I tried to tell folks that a couple weeks ago, and people disagreed.. They don't know what the story is at the dealer level on when, where, what , how, etc... They only get told the car is on the truck headed out.. That's what my experience was anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
18,670 Posts
I find this hard to believe. I had been checking on my C7's status on Mondays but when I did that this week they told me I was at 3400. I couldn't take waiting until Monday and chatted again today and she said that they no longer know the codes. Car is online to be produced but no vin # or production date is known. Has anybody heard of this?
That isn't unusual, that you are at 3400 but no specific TPW. While VINS are typically assigned right before production, that isn't always the case. However, being at 3400 is fantastic, and you car will be moving down the production line soon. If you haven't already done this, I recommend going onto the ChevroletCustomerCare tracking thread and posting there. I am having less and less faith in the accuracy or the knowledge of some of the chat folks.

·
18,670 Posts
I tried to tell folks that a couple weeks ago, and people disagreed.. They don't know what the story is at the dealer level on when, where, what , how, etc... They only get told the car is on the truck headed out.. That's what my experience was anyway... Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
Your dealership has the ability, if they are willing, to get their WorkBench certified person to open up that program and find out current status of your order. Often salespersons and others in the dealership are too lazy to go down to the desk of the WorkBench program, or sometimes afraid to inquire of that person.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.