16,283 Posts
Great fun! :cool:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very nice

·
18,669 Posts
No video came through on my iPad, but from the above responses, others are seeing it. If others are in same boat as I am, here's a way I found it on my iPad, and maybe this will work for you too.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Cool!

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Oh, I can see it now (I am using an iPad).

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Worked fine on the iPad with the forum app. Either way it's a fun spot.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you notice the puddle under "the dreamer" @:56. I don't think that's anti-freeze! ;)

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Hey Guys!

Jeff Hart here!

I'm glad you guys liked it. Thanks for watching!!!!
Wow Jeff, welcome to our forum! That was a fun and entertaining video you did. :cool:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Loved it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jeff; Nice job! How long does it take to get from the concept to the completed final product?
I knew I wanted to shoot a corvette spot. I took some pictures of my c6 in downtown LA. I then did this video Super Car Showdown | jeffreyjhart.com

After that, I knew I was ready to take on a big project. I had a great team that was honestly ready to follow me into whatever crazy idea I came up with next. I used that video and a great guy I met who hosts that event to get a crew, gear, and cars to film.

I knew I couldn't shoot my own car, I needed to get a C7. The day I had lunch with the owner and saw the car and drove the car :) I knew I had to put everything else in my life on hold and focus all my spare time on this opportunity.

Less then a week after the lunch I had 6 ideas. I decided on the bad dream. We even had a code name, Project Sleeping Beauty: Bad dream. Haha, I pitched the idea to the C7 owner, he gave me the green light. 20 days or so after our first meeting, we were filming.

We spent one night on the McLaren and the next night on the Vette in downtown LA. My editor and I started on the edit immediately. We had what we thought was a solid rough cut by thanksgiving. This is what I shared with everyone at thanksgiving dinner.
password: jjh

Please don't share that, lol. It's pretty bad and yes thats my sexy voice. That particular cut v4 of 27 was uploaded on nov 27th. The main feedback I was getting beside my voice over which was only temp, was that the McLaren looked to cool and there wasn't enough Vette. I 100% agreed, so we got the vette for one more night and we shot all the really clean vette stuff parked in fog. That was Dec. 7th. We then spent every waking moment editing! I was working 12 hour days and then working with my editor to tighten the spot. It was exhausting! I brought onboard a close friend of mine to do some visual effects. He removed all the McLaren logos, stabilized shots, erased reflections, even a window stick that was on most of the corvette shots v4 vs the final. I still can't believe we ALL let that slip...

I attached a bunch of photos I took of my C6 for the original commercial, also I included two pages from my treatment and our Dec. post calendar.

Now I am pushing the video to get as many people to experience it as I can. All in well over 1000 man hours went into making that spec commercial.

So when I say thank you watching it, hot damn I mean it!

Jeff

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Thanks for sharing the 'back story' to your great short Jeff! Very creative and so impressive that you were able to get it together in that time frame incorporating the input you sought out. We wish you continued success :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for sharing the 'back story' to your great short Jeff! Very creative and so impressive that you were able to get it together in that time frame incorporating the input you sought out. We wish you continued success :cool:
Thank you! I hope to film more of the Vette. The owner is a great guy, and I'd love to get some aerial shots of it during the day up in the mountains. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Jeff for sharing the great video, and for all the work you put into making it.
Thank you!

Pretty cool, thanks!

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Very good work thanks! :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts