Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are you under trees and around flying debris? - realize the back vents don't come out easily to clean. If you are like me and live in a condo complex with tons of trees that let leaves and berries fly, my car can sometimes be pummeled with crap. The back vents are screwed in from the underside and the fender needs to come off to take them off.

So for me, a cover is needed, I'm sure someone will come up with a snap on of some sort but for now, figure out a way to keep stuff out of there. I'm gong to make some plexiglas covers that are weighted, and sit "in" the vent....

let the ideas fly!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Glen...
I thought about those catching debris too.
Your idea is good.... but don't impair the air flow that the vent is intended for.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Can you take a pic of the top of the vent and post it? Be nice to see. Thanks

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glen...
I thought about those catching debris too.
Your idea is good.... but don't impair the air flow that the vent is intended for.
my covers would be just when car is down, not running...same as my camaro hex vents now...

·
Registered
346 Posts
my covers would be just when car is down, not running...same as my camaro hex vents now...
I got ya now. Yes.... pics would be cool if you get these made up.
I'm sure when the Mid-America and Ecklers "spies" read this thread they will already be working on this new catalog item for the C7!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the idea, but I'd need some way to remind me to remove the covers before driving off so as not to do any damage from restricted air flow. Maybe a different color from the car would do the trick.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The vent connects to a plastic tube that's open on the bottom, I would think any debris would simply get blown out the bottom of the vent tube when you start moving. Some compressed air or even a blast of water when you are washing the car should clear any debris.

Reactions: Sinner

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Depending on the type of tree debris, no compressed air or tubes will get it clean.....the point is not the debris , but the vents do not come out for cleaning. I know I will need covers or a finer mesh base screen, your mileage may differ....

·
Registered
29 Posts
The convertibles to my understanding will NOT have these on the top of the car but still have them correct? Does anybody know where???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts