Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals... I'm new here and unless there's an unforeseen issue I will be joining your Vette family soon. I'm preparing to place my order and am looking for any insight you can offer. This is my first Vette and the first time I've ordered from factory so I'm in somewhat of new territory.

Here's my plan...
Velocity Yellow 2LT (would love Z51 but don't really need it and wait is who knows when...)
Stick shift
Performance exhaust
Trying for museum delivery if schedule works out

Will try to place order tomorrow afternoon so any input on what to watch for, expect, include, etc... Is much appreciated.

By the way I currently have a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT and look forward to bringing in her new stable mate.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
bjhayes, welcome aboard and congrats on your order. Check all of the sections on the forum, they will get you up to speed on all of your questions and concerns.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome bjhayes,
You have just provoked me to make my first post. I have been using this forums for about two months educating myself for my first Corvette purchase. I toured around to many dozens of dealerships in the gulf south looking for MY car with no avail. I am from NEw Orleans all of the dealerships in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama only seamed to carry convertibles and the few coupes I did see where just not what I wanted. I finally decided to order a car, which I did so through Ross Downing in Hammond, LA. Ross Downing is the 12th or 14th sales of vettes for 2013 so they still had plenty of allocations when my order went in three weeks ago.

My recommendations is to research your dealership that you choose to order from everything after that is easy. Except for color choice, I pondered and debated (Trying to use logic) which color to choose between Torch Red and Artic White. When it all came to an end the decision came down to one comment from my wife which I will not post, I don't want to offend anyone who got a Torch Red car.
So do your homework, verify that your dealership has allocations as for constraints there were few when I ordered three week ago and they all had to do with Carbon.

Good Luck
Jonathan

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Ok guys and gals... I'm new here and unless there's an unforeseen issue I will be joining your Vette family soon. I'm preparing to place my order and am looking for any insight you can offer. This is my first Vette and the first time I've ordered from factory so I'm in somewhat of new territory.

Here's my plan...
Velocity Yellow 2LT (would love Z51 but don't really need it and wait is who knows when...)
Stick shift
Performance exhaust
Trying for museum delivery if schedule works out

Will try to place order tomorrow afternoon so any input on what to watch for, expect, include, etc... Is much appreciated.

By the way I currently have a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT and look forward to bringing in her new stable mate.
Thats great bjhays. I also went with the non-Z51 and couldn't be happier. I reprinted my experience here. Not sure how much of this is relvant to your situation (trade-in etc.) Good luck.

We "traded in" a 2011 CTS for the C7! We bargained for the trade-in price we wanted after doing research and told the dealer we would order a C7 that day if they met our trade in price. We told them what we would accept before they did their appraisal. After some give and take following their appraisal, they did match the price. The final statement from them was "we are not going to let $500 stand between a Corvette sale".

Of course, there would be a couple of months before the C7 arrived and that would cause two things to happen if we held on to the the CTS during that time: 1) further depreciation of the CTS (hopefully not wreck it in the meantime) and 2) put us at the dealer's mercy when arriving to pick up the C7 regarding what the trade in price would be then. Because our car usage situation allowed us to do without the CTS for a while, we dropped our trade-in at the dealer that same day and took their check.

Another factor is since technically the CTS would not be considered a trade-in for State sales tax purposes because the sale/buy transaction would occur at separate times possibly beyond a 60 day period, we asked the dealer to further adjust the price off MSRP by the additional amount we would incur in State sales taxes. At 6% that amounted to nearly $1,400. Their agreement completed the deal. So overall we felt we were in the "drivers seat" throughout the whole process.

We approached it as two separate transactions from the beginning, getting the trade-in agreement and then getting the C7 agreement.

Also, we checked insurance before we ever made the trip to the dealer. Coincidentally the insurance for the C7 is within $10 annually of the CTS! As the order was being placed by the dealer the roof we wanted was on constraint so we opted for the transparent roof which turns out to be a great move because of the dark appearance of the roof looks great with the Blade Silver Metallic.

Ordered mid-Dec 2013 and took delivery early Feb 2014 and couldn't be happier with the process and the car.

You also need to become familiar with dealer allocations, order tracking and production codes. That info is well covered on this Forum.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK.. Looks like I will wait a while longer... My wife and I sat down this week and we decided we should just get everything we want and be patient. I know I said I did not need the Z51 package but I really want it..... and when she saw pictures of the Velocity Yellow Z51 with the black wheels that was the one for sure...

Hopefully the 2015's will still offer Velocity Yellow and pricing will not be too much higher...

·
18,669 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
My baby boy just arrived. I picked up my boy on Fri. I always wanted a boy. I don't know why most of you had girls, genetics I guess. I want to thank all of you on the forum, especially Elegant for all of the great information about courtesy delivery. MacMulkin was great to deal wth. I had no idea this was possible. And for all of the great tips on maintenance and detailing. So far, knock knock, I have found no problems. Learning how to use all the fancy features however is something else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered from Ross Downing also and thus far am delighted. Supposed to pick up car in BG on 6.9

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts