Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 GrandSport
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to install the wicker stage 2.5 upgrade from ACS Composite on a Grand Sport? I took advantage of a Black Friday sale on ACS and order a pair of the 2.5 wicker upgrades. As soon as it arrived I tried to install the pair but to my surprise the holes on the wicker did not match the spoiler screw sockets. I doubled checked the part number and it's suppose to be compatible with both the Z06 and GS. I suppose it could be a manufacturing defect. It's just strange, I've ordered lots of stuff from this vendor in the past and never had an issue. I left a message on their technical hotline; hopefully, I can talk to somebody this week and get a replacement part out. The 2.5 in wicker is slightly larger that the GM EOM stage two version. Looks really aggressive. I'm a bit disappointed that I could not get them installed. Hope to have a fix soon. Keep you posted. Let me know if anyone has installed this on their GS.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Has anyone tried to install the wicker stage 2.5 upgrade from ACS Composite on a Grand Sport? I took advantage of a Black Friday sale on ACS and order a pair of the 2.5 wicker upgrades. As soon as it arrived I tried to install the pair but to my surprise the holes on the wicker did not match the spoiler screw sockets. I doubled checked the part number and it's suppose to be compatible with both the Z06 and GS. I suppose it could be a manufacturing defect. It's just strange, I've ordered lots of stuff from this vendor in the past and never had an issue. I left a message on their technical hotline; hopefully, I can talk to somebody this week and get a replacement part out. The 2.5 in wicker is slightly larger that the GM EOM stage two version. Looks really aggressive. I'm a bit disappointed that I could not get them installed. Hope to have a fix soon. Keep you posted. Let me know if anyone has installed this on their GS.
Thanks
Pics cmferdz63? It would be good to see what you are talking about.

·
Premium Member
2019 GrandSport
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Pics cmferdz63? It would be good to see what you are talking about.
There are 5 screws that secure the wicker. With the new larger wicker in place, I secured it with the first and last screw from the backside, leaving the two middle holes open along with the side hole. As you can see, the open ones are not quite in alignment with the nut that's attached to the actual spoiler. So I am unable to install those screws. All of the holes should be in alignment.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 GrandSport
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Good news. I exchanged a few emails with Joseph over at technical support for ACS composite; very helpful guy. He asked for a few pictures of the problem which I sent. I had a response by the next day confirming that I've got a defective part. Replacement is getting shipped to me 2nd day air along with a return shipping label for the defective part. Very good customer service, nice to know that they stand behind their products. I really like the enhancements that they offer for the C7. I'll include pics once I get the part installed.

Reactions: Racer_X

·
Premium Member
2019 GrandSport
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Replacement part came in and fit like a glove. The update took about 10 minutes per side and most of the time was dedicated to removing the old adhesive tape. Here are some pics. This was an easy upgrade.
IMG_2120.jpeg
IMG_2120.jpeg IMG_2121.jpeg

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,336 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts