Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
232354955.jpg

The ACS-C7 Five1 Replacement Bumper Grille for Chevrolet Stingray Adding the top-end to your front end! ACS is delighted to introduce our new replacement grille for the Stingray. As with all of our components this lavishly styled and thoughtfully conceptualized addition will grace both the standard Stingray and its Z51 equipped counterpart. Functioning as a replacement for the standard grille, it is a fully reversible modification that could not be simpler to install. All you need to do to complete this transformation is remove the existing stock grill and snap our ACS-C7 Five1 grille into place. If you are the lucky owner of a Z51, then our replacement grille’s funnelled brake cooling intake will augment and enhance the functioning of your brake cooling duct, adding further function to this stylish ACS component.

Each Grille is painted in Carbon Flash Paint. The same trim color also found on other intake scoops, like hood insert, diffusor and rear quarter inlet intakes.

An ABS injected molded grill is pre-installed on the Five1 assembly, ready for installation

Pricing is 995$ for the assembly.

ACS Five 1 grill 45-4-017

239608388.jpg

247901962.jpg

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It is very attractive, but I don't see how covering some of the grill opening is going to help cool the Z51 brakes.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is very attractive, but I don't see how covering some of the grill opening is going to help cool the Z51 brakes.
Hi 53vette,

The enhanced cooling is accomplished by increasing the frontal surface area of the grill dedicated for air to the cooling ducts, call it a funnel into the cooling ducts.

Take note these are located on the side of the grill...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Link is still broke almost a year later.

I'd like to replace my stock grille but I'd rather have a "custom stingray" look than a "stingray with Z06 parts on it" look by using the Z06 grille. I asked about this grille at my local dealership and was told they've had a hard time making it fit replacing stock Stingray grilles. Anyone have any firsthand experience?

·
Registered
15 Posts
012.JPG

I tried my local dealer first they declined, then I tried a large independent body shop they couldn't do it for liability reasons. However they referred me to a former employee that opened his own shop and he did the install flawlessly in 30 minutes.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
922 Posts

I'd like to replace my stock grille but I'd rather have a "custom stingray" look than a "stingray with Z06 parts on it" look by using the Z06 grille. I asked about this grille at my local dealership and was told they've had a hard time making it fit replacing stock Stingray grilles. Anyone have any firsthand experience?
Truth be told, regardless which way you go, 99.9999 percent of the folks will never see the difference.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Funnel design around the cooling duct is the way we enhance airflow. Increasing the front surface area of the funnel into the duct work enhances the cooling.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

Link Updated

http://acscomposite.com/collections/corvette-2005-2016/products/acs-c7-stingray-five1-bumper-grill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts