Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Here at ACS we have built up a comprehensive range of sleek, stylish and cutting edge quality OEM components that highlight and augment the design and performance of the Stingray, the greatest American car.

With the Zero7 hood, a lightweight, rigid and 100% Aerospace Grade Carbon Fiber, paragon of modern design and technology. The range has gained yet another shining light. As usual you will benefit from our trademark manufacturing process achieving unbelievably quality and durability.

45-8-009-007.jpg

The Zero7 hood benefits from the following characteristic;

- Replacement carbon fibre hood

- True Water Fall extractor feature with surface dropping into the original radiator duct work

- 30 mm taller and longer cowl offering extra engine clearance for potential top mounted supercharger

- Black ABS plastic octagonal mesh grill insert

- Specially engineered and coated mounting hardware ensuring maximum impact resistance

Meanwhile the following features are optional extras:

- Exposed Carbon weave in central cowl

- Polycarbonate window insert showcasing the heart and soul of the Stingray’s ‘power plant’

ACS is an OEM validated hood manufacturer and remains the only aftermarket specialty manufacturer, having built over 50,000 GM hoods and now, with the Zero7 hood, offering the ultimate hood for GM’s super car.

Web Link

http://acscomposite.com/collections/corvette-2005-2016/products/acs-zero7-stingray-extractor-carbon-hood

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Impressive!

·
18,667 Posts
Very beautiful. Seems to me to do three things, e.g. make the car look sleeker, make it appear longer, and make it look more powerful from the side. And I like that one can add in a hood stinger stripe too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
hood c7 vette

Hi how much,does it come painted,do you need a hood liner.I had a Edelbrock E Force supercharger installed .Will the the hood clear supercharger. thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi how much,does it come painted,do you need a hood liner.I had a Edelbrock E Force supercharger installed .Will the the hood clear supercharger. thanks
You will need to get it painted locally. This is the only way to insure a perfect color match.

It clears the EForce, with allot more room to clear ;-) this hood is taller than stock

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411178441.951166.jpg

You can reinstall your stock liner, but not requires.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Man you guys hit the nail on the head!!!! Suttle yet aggressive. I will be getting one of these hoods and one of your grille once I recover from the impact of getting my HRE wheels. Look forward to creating one hell of an exotic looking ride sporting some of ACS finest. Is there plans for an ACS spoiler in the future?... Thank you guys for having a great eye for style, a commitment for quality, and bringing sexy back!!! S

·
Registered
258 Posts
Any pictures of hood with bare carbon, LED lights and window options?

Here at ACS we have built up a comprehensive range of sleek, stylish and cutting edge quality OEM components that highlight and augment the design and performance of the Stingray, the greatest American car.

With the Zero7 hood, a lightweight, rigid and 100% Aerospace Grade Carbon Fiber, paragon of modern design and technology. The range has gained yet another shining light. As usual you will benefit from our trademark manufacturing process achieving unbelievably quality and durability.

View attachment 12876

The Zero7 hood benefits from the following characteristic;

- Replacement carbon fibre hood

- True Water Fall extractor feature with surface dropping into the original radiator duct work

- 30 mm taller and longer cowl offering extra engine clearance for potential top mounted supercharger

- Black ABS plastic octagonal mesh grill insert

- Specially engineered and coated mounting hardware ensuring maximum impact resistance

Meanwhile the following features are optional extras:

- Exposed Carbon weave in central cowl

- Polycarbonate window insert showcasing the heart and soul of the Stingray’s ‘power plant’

ACS is an OEM validated hood manufacturer and remains the only aftermarket specialty manufacturer, having built over 50,000 GM hoods and now, with the Zero7 hood, offering the ultimate hood for GM’s super car.

Web Link

http://www.acscomposite.com/project/corvette-c7-2014/#!/ACS-Zero7-Stingray-Extractor-Carbon-Hood/p/41256617/category=9149724

·
Registered
29 Posts
Boy that didn't take long... Hood & grille paid for... Will post some pics of the red devil with the HRE S101, hood, and grille. Good time in life.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413124199.468628.jpg

Exposed centre section hood being shipped to our great Friends at Lingenfelter.

I am very intrigued to know what will sit under our hood.

Stay tuned.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts