Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the a 2014 C7 automatic have active fuel management? I know that was the last year for the A6. I have 2018 and I really hate the active fuel management system the 8 speed.

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
Yes all Stingrays from 2014 on have it regardless of transmission. The AFM has been discussed a lot and you can use our search function if you are interested. Bottom line, you can do a couple of things to 'by pass' the AFM, such as stay in manual shift mode or get a device like the Range Technology that installs on your OBDII port. What is it that you 'really hate' about it?

Reactions: Racer_X

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes all Stingrays from 2014 on have it regardless of transmission. The AFM has been discussed a lot and you can use our search function if you are interested. Bottom line, you can do a couple of things to 'by pass' the AFM, such as stay in manual shift mode or get a device like the Range Technology that installs on your OBDII port. What is it that you 'really hate' about it?
The broken valave springs and collapsed lifters that I hear about. If I was worried about gas mileage I wouldn't be driving a Corvette. The a6 was more durable transmission. I read all the a8 horror stories. My 2018 has only 5452 miles and the torque tube just had to be replaced. I didn't do enough research befored I traded for a C7. Honestly I guess the c7 is too troublesome for me.

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
The broken valave springs and collapsed lifters that I hear about. If I was worried about gas mileage I wouldn't be driving a Corvette. The a6 was more durable transmission. I read all the a8 horror stories. My 2018 has only 5452 miles and the torque tube just had to be replaced. I didn't do enough research befored I traded for a C7. Honestly I guess the c7 is too troublesome for me.
To each their own Richardc7, possibly the C7 is too troublesome for you. To my knowledge the broken valve springs were unrelated to AFM, and were specific to a bad supplier batch. Considering the number of C7s on the road, the percent with serious issues is very low. Obviously, not comforting or relevant if you are one of the ones with a serious problem.

Reactions: Racer_X

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I used the Range device until I had the AFM disabled when my supercharger was installed. IMHO, the words four cylinder and Corvette should never appear in the same sentence.

·
Registered
34 Posts
To each their own Richardc7, possibly the C7 is too troublesome for you. To my knowledge the broken valve springs were unrelated to AFM, and were specific to a bad supplier batch. Considering the number of C7s on the road, the percent with serious issues is very low. Obviously, not comforting or relevant if you are one of the ones with a serious problem.
I wish my other cars were as trouble free as my 2014 Z51 coupe with 26k miles. The only annoyance mine has given me was a creaky roof panel, which was fixed using tips on this forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the a 2014 C7 automatic have active fuel management? I know that was the last year for the A6. I have 2018 and I really hate the active fuel management system the 8 speed.
All C7's have the active fuel management. Just put in M and it goes to 8 Cylinders but you have to paddle shift. Pull the fuse in the main fuse box in the trunk area and it goes away.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We just did a 21 day road trip out West with our C7 and I love bragging about doing 80 with a/c on all while getting 30 mpg. Ride all day on 5 gallons of gas, and that impressed me especially with gas prices above the$5 mark. High performance whenever you need it.

Reactions: Racer_X and jsvette

·
Registered
542 Posts
We just did a 21 day road trip out West with our C7 and I love bragging about doing 80 with a/c on all while getting 30 mpg. Ride all day on 5 gallons of gas, and that impressed me especially with gas prices above the$5 mark. High performance whenever you need it.
Yeah what he said. Been from California to Maine twice and love the option....eco or sport.....great times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2015 c7. it has 29700 miles on her and the afm light was working fine at first but the light is no longer displayed. Does anyone have any information for this issue?

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
I just bought a 2015 c7. it has 29700 miles on her and the afm light was working fine at first but the light is no longer displayed. Does anyone have any information for this issue?
Welcome to our forum. Do you mean the V4 V8 icon? Do you have a Z51 or non Z51?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts