Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the ACS front splitter and side deflectors installed. Replaced the Stage I RPI splitter, which was a nice looking splitter, but it followed the upward slant of the nose with no drop down in the center. I personally prefer the look of the ACS which maintains a level height all the way around. Not only a better looking splitter, but also designed to be functional rather than just for appearance. Very impressed with them. Spoke with them yesterday, they are great people and very attentive to your thoughts.

Made a few other minor changes since the last photos. Had the wheels shaved in the rear to get them better balanced with the front. They stuck out just a little too much for my taste when I first installed them. Also discovered that the Stingray body is off just a little in the rear (apparently on all cars, not just mine, we measured 4 cars side by side, all were equally off with the right rear sticking out more than the left rear). To solve the balance issue, I shaved 2 mm off the left rear and 5 mm off the right rear. Now they're pretty well balanced, side to side. Also, finally got the rear lowered a little more. It has the Z51 package and just lowering the factory bolts left the rear with more space between the fender and tire in the rear than in the front. Got that balanced out as well. Mostly just nit-picky stuff that was bugging me.

I'm mostly done and very satisfied with it. Just another grille change coming soon. Same concept as what is already on the car, but will be an upgrade to it.

47785941d1397700141-another-acs-splitter-install-complete-car2.jpg
47785926d1397698732-another-acs-splitter-install-complete-car-1.jpg
47785925d1397698732-another-acs-splitter-install-fullcar.jpg
47785927d1397698732-another-acs-splitter-install-closeup2.jpg
47785928d1397698732-another-acs-splitter-install-rf.jpg
47785929d1397698732-another-acs-splitter-install-closeup.jpg

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Very Nice! Looks great.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Very Sharpe !!!
What wheels are those and what is the current grille on the car? Black mesh?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks great.
I only wished the way the splitter joined with the wheel pieces were a little cleaner.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Awesome...I have the RPI Stage one Splitter also...I really love the look of the ACS...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Very Nice... can you send me a message as to the cost of the ACS kit and what you did to the front grill.

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
best looking C7 I've seen so far.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are these Forgiato 2.0 exotic wheels? If so, what size are the rears? (before the shaving)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Really nice aero kit. Would you say the quality is as good or better than OEM?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a full list to answer all the questions in one. Each item in the list below is linked to the vendor website. Hope that helps.

Splitter is from ACS Composites, painted in Carbon Flash. It's probably wrong to call this a splitter as it is the full diffuser that was designed to be functional as well. They use the same composite material used by GM for the bumpers, fenders, etc, thus has a little flex to it, which is great, being that it can absorb small impacts. The hard fiberglass or painted carbon fiber pieces tend to chip with every little pebble that hits them. So far, no chips on this piece found.

Wheels - Forgiato F2.01, 20x8.5 front with 245/30/20 Michelin PSS, but I would go with a 255 instead. 21x10.5 rear with 295/25/21 Michelen PSS. Wheels are all finished in Gloss Black (Only the offset was shaved, not the width of the wheel itself.)
Gerry at Wheel$forLe$$ took care of the complete set for me.

Grille was done by RaceMesh and they are now offering it on their website. Mine was finished with flat/satin black mesh and stock Carbon Metallic Frame.

Side Skirts are from RPI designs and are painted in Carbon Metallic to match the vents on the car. These are the Stage I side skirts that contour with the flow of the body. They have more aggressive Stage II skirts out that go straight all the way back. I preferred the Stage I contoured ones. They almost look like they were factory installed on the car.

Windows Tinted - Your own local tint shop or a mobile one. I went with 35%. 20% looks better, but is more difficult to see out of at night, so I went with the lighter tint.

Car Lowered - About a half hour of your own manual labor. Factory Lowering bolts were bottomed out. Another forum member (jagamajajaran) posted very detailed instructions on how to adjust the factory bolts. With the Z51 package, the rear didn't come down enough, so I cut half of the bushing in the rear and that balanced the space between tire and fender, front to rear.

Thanks to all of the above for their awesome work!

·
Registered
463 Posts
The grille looks pretty tight. Are there any recessed options available yet, if there's room for it? I like that deep dish look. Even if it reminds some of a mustang :0

Your car looks amazing by the way

·
Registered
533 Posts
Was there a reason you went with the RPI side skirts over the ACS?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was there a reason you went with the RPI side skirts over the ACS?
Aside from what I already noted above, I had them on before the ACS parts were available. Plus they conform very well to my particular wheels, so no desire to change them.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Amazing StingRay!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Aside from what I already noted above, I had them on before the ACS parts were available. Plus they conform very well to my particular wheels, so no desire to change them.
Love the look.

I'm making plans to do something very close to yours when my 2015 TSG comes in. If you had not bought the RPI before would you do all in the ACS or is there much deferance in the side skirts in your opionion?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very sharp. The grille is bad ass and not tacky like some of the ones I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
755 Posts
Really nice. Looks great! Have you checked the clearence when trying to hoist it? It looks about as low as my ZR1 was and I had problems with the center side rail hitting the hoist when driving on to it. If you don't mind me asking, what did the splitter and rails set you back? I am interested in getting a set as I have a CG Z51 coming. Full Load with grey/JetBlk Int. I love the grill. Can't do that here as we have to mount a front plate.

·
Registered
60 Posts
you car looks sick..... nice work , love the splitter

1 - 20 of 22 Posts