Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I'm having Curb Alert installed on my C7 Corvette. I am recommending what the video says in that the alert will sound for any object four inches and higher and 20 inches out from the front bumper. Any thoughts from any of you who have had this installed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed mine about 4 months ago and think it is great. This is mission essential equipment if you do not have a front camera. The 4/20 setting is fine, but creep up on a curb because when it goes off, STOP. If you do not you will scrape.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We installed mine below the front splitter. Oops. That is too low. It got scraped off the first time I went over a low spot on a residential street it and drug itself to death. It worked great up until then. I'm ordering a new one from Brandmotion today and will install in the lower part of the grill. I hope that is going to give it enough of an angle to work.
My first order was from Corvette Mods. Their customer service was beyond awful. I didn't notice they had been kicked off this forum until after I pressed the "Buy" button.
Dhoel, let me know how you like it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have turned mine off for now but in the next couple of days will reset it and see how it works. I don't have a front splitter so it's right under the bumper. I will let you know how it works.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have turned mine off for now but in the next couple of days will reset it and see how it works. I don't have a front splitter so it's right under the bumper. I will let you know how it works.
I had one on my 2014 for four years. It was mounted in the grill and angled down. Worked perfectly at that position and no risk of hitting it on something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
A new one is going on this Tuesday. It will be mounted in the grill. Thanks TNSQUIRE.
It will be mounted like this. You just have to play around with the angles until you are satisfied it gives you enough warning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Curb Alert is running great. I am very happy with this product. Mine is under the bumper.... I have it angled pretty straight. This way it's not beeping every time you hit an incline. Great product!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts