Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. .

I have bought a string ray and having it shipped from north carolina to Saudi Arabia.

Was wondering does anyone know how and where can I get a different thermostat for the C7?

In addition has anyone installed any additional cooling for the engine oil?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Ahmed; I am not sure you will need to, but given the ambient temps. seen there I could be wrong. Is it customary to change those sorts things on all vehicles located there?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the additional oil cooling. .but most of the older models had different thermostats between American specs cars and middle east cars. . Specifically that the fan starts operating at lower temps.

Temperature 8 the summer varies. the max is usually 50 Celsius but usually more to 42 Celsius

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Temperature 8 the summer varies. the max is usually 50 Celsius but usually more to 42 Celsius

Wow! That's 107.6 to 122 degrees F. Your concerns might be more suited to your car's AC system. I bet there is not much demand for convertibles in your part of the world?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a convertible. .The nice thing is that I can start using the top starting late September till April. .may if lucky. .I had the chance as a convertible and lived with me since 07 till I bought the c7 (still being shipped)..The c6 engine got totalled after the payment of the c7

·
Registered
415 Posts
Vendors like SLP have a 160 degree Tstat for the C7
SLP Performance 100229 160 deg Thermostat

Also then have a tuner command the fan rotation begin at 190 deg (89 C) where stock it is off and up the rotation percentage as the water temp increases

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will check it out. .

Thanks

Sent from my SM-P905 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Purchased it from amazon

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered it..but how can I do the tuning. .do I have to get a diablo Turner?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts