Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Plant is not only going to be closed as previously announced the week of March 10-14, but the latest news is that the plant will also be closed the following week, March 17-21 for construction of " future product."

This news was originally conveyed by NCM at Museum Delivery to a delivery customer; it stated: "During the week of March 17th, future product is scheduled to be on-line at the Plant. This is product that has not been introduced to the public yet. With this being said, GM has suspended all tours of the Bowling Green facility."

Been confirmed as per the following:

Sure hope this doesn't throw a major crimp in anyone on this forum's scheduled Museum Delivery either week.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It shouldn't affect your TPW it just means no tours will be given. They will still make scheduled cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just to confirm, the plant is open and running, but outsiders and tours are not allowed in, correct? So anyone with a TPW that week will still have their car built.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just to confirm, the plant is open and running, but outsiders and tours are not allowed in, correct? So anyone with a TPW that week will still have their car built.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum
That is what I understood it to mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Public tours cancelled; production of for sale 2014 StingRays continues during these two weeks.

YES!. The Plant will be in full operation, turning out 152 cars every work day -- as per before. There is one exception, and that is perhaps only 147 of those will be new 2014 StingRays, with the remaining five per day, for the ten day period being "future product." [Note: these numbers are best estimates, not based on definitive facts at this time, i.e., they could only be building 142, 2014 StingRays each day, and producing 10 future product vehicles each day.]

My best guess is that most of the future product will be the Z06 test fleet that the engineers will be then putting up to 1,000,000 real world miles on, as part of the Z06 development process. The minority of this future product, as most believe there will be few mechanical differences for the 2015 StingRay, could well be 2015 test fleet or "show 2015" StingRays that will be displayed at next month's NCM Bash when the 2015 StingRays are first publicly presented.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We are effected by the tour restriction as our Museum pick up is on 3/19. Real bummer. Wonder if there is a discount off the $990.00 cost since the tour is a major part of the experience.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
My best guess is that most of the future product will be the Z06 test fleet that the engineers will be then putting up to 1,000,000 real world miles on, as part of the Z06 development process. The minority of this future product, as most believe there will be few mechanical differences for the 2015 StingRay, could well be 2015 test fleet or "show 2015" StingRays that will be displayed at next month's NCM Bash when the 2015 StingRays are first publicly presented.
Sure would be a fun job to be an engineer having to put on some of the 1,000,000 real world miles.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maybe they will 'slip' and install some Z06 goodies on my car.... Yeah, wishful thinking! LOL. Thanks for the update/clarification. Now I feel better! Have a great day!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We are effected by the tour restriction as our Museum pick up is on 3/19. Real bummer. Wonder if there is a discount off the $990.00 cost since the tour is a major part of the experience.
Give Lori or Shane at NCM a call.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Maybe they will 'slip' and install some Z06 goodies on my car.... Yeah, wishful thinking! LOL. Thanks for the update/clarification. Now I feel better! Have a great day!
careful what you wish for, they may only install it's price tag!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts