Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone streams music from their iphone, do you hear sometimes an intermittent break of the song. Like it cuts out quickly sometimes. I never streamed music while driving so don't know if this is normal.

I also was curious about using voice command to "play song" from my Bluetooth paired device, in this case iphone. Any time I try the voice command it cannot find any song to play. Is this not possible over Bluetooth? Might need to be USB or SD card, but hoping fhat isn't the case. Found nothing in the infotainment manual that sheds light on this.

Thx

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure that the C7 "voice" effectively searches content on the Iphone, however, you can use the "phone" icon on the home display or move it up to your "top bar" for easy access. As son as you select this is will take you to another screen that has start & stop, hit start and you will hear the familiar SIRI ping

·
Super Moderator
3,362 Posts
I use my iPhone and BT to stream music in my GTI every day. Don't have a C7 yet. Anyway, yes the music does break as I move from one cell tower to the next. It will also break if I put my iPhone in my pocket, or down in the console, and the signal is blocked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't think you can use a voice command to find a song on the bluetooth/iPhone, but it does work on finding songs on the usb device.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome posts guys. That helps. So I guess if I plug in my iphone via USB I can play songs with hands free button. I'll have to try that tomorrow. Will try that Siri button on screen so I don't have to keep searching for my phone and holding down home button.

·
Super Moderator
3,362 Posts
Here is another Bluetooth tip that I had to use today. Again this was in my GTI, but may be useful to C7's. My iPhone connected to my radio as usual with Bluetooth and "Gimme back my bullets" started playing. However, the steering wheel controls would not work and the car radio did not display any song info, all I saw was "Bluetooth Connection" No problem, I thought, just restart the phone and that will fix it. Nope, didn't work. So, I went into the iPhone BT settings and found my car radio and selected "forget device". Then, I went to the car radio and did a search for devices, found my iPhone and paired the two devices. Everything is as good as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
445 Posts
I found using the Bluetooth / iPhone setup to be a little sketchy at best. I just picked up an iPod Nano (slim / small) put a bunch of playlists on that and it works great with all commands connected via USB.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I found using the Bluetooth / iPhone setup to be a little sketchy at best. I just picked up an iPod Nano (slim / small) put a bunch of playlists on that and it works great with all commands connected via USB.
Smart move...rather than having to manipulate everything just the right way, a nano behind the screen makes everything work PERFECTLY as advertised. Connect to iTunes and it's a simple sync anytime too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts