Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of the reasons I do not get on line here as much is because I have to put up with a sea of ads.
I do not know about the rest of you but I find them very annoying, every time I open a new post

·
Super Moderator
3,308 Posts
Please take some screen shots and post them here so I can see the ads.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
CaptnKidd, I've noticed over the years as SRF membership grew the ads increased. I bet some companies will not advertise on a forum until its membership count reaches a certain number. Oh well it is the World Wide Web which equals an electronic cash cow. I try to overlook them and zero in on the latest threads.

SF
Rick

·
Super Moderator
3,308 Posts
Ok, we need to all be on the same page. So, I took some screen shots.

If a User is logged into Stingray forums they should only see one ad:

Ad.png

If a User is not logged in then the ads do get much worse and look like this:

More ads not logged in.png
big ads not logged in.png

So if you log into the forum, you should only see one ad. If that is not the case, then take a screen shot of the ad and post it so I can research it more.

Please let me know if these are the ads that you are seeing.

·
Super Moderator
3,308 Posts

·
Administrator
15,149 Posts
Use Chrome with AdBlock. Virtually no ads anywhere on World Wide Web. I have zero ads on StingRayForums.
Same here. No issues, Chrome with AdBlock. But as Vigilance247 pointed out, most probably more the case of using SRF without signing in.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was having this problem at the same time. Then, pop-up ads began to appear on other web pages that the ad blocker normally worked on. Then some other issues on my PC, and I ended up doing a System Restore to re-install Windows. Nice rainy day activity. Everything is working now, and I have learned some more IT skills. (I never had the banner ad across the top since I started using the Ad Blocker.)

srf.PNG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts