Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave up on the pre-ordering / allocations game and will be buying a car off the lot from a dealer on the east coast and will ship to the west coast. Granted I had to compromise some of my options but hoping it's worth it.

I'm looking for some advice on what questions I should ask the dealer before the final sale and also what shipping company folks have used?

I doubt I can get a courtesy delivery so not sure what the delivery process is and the gotcha's that may bite me in the butt.

Thanks in advance!

-gregb

·
Registered
76 Posts
why don't you just chill and play the game , see if your in line in the near future or go for a 2015 / just a thought!

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
You CAN get a courtesy delivery if you do not buy off the lot on the east coast. Buy an allocation from the east coast which has not shipped to them yet, then see if your local dealer will agree to receive it for you.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Allocation does not mean a 'vette you order will be equipped the way you want. i.e. Z51 etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
It does if you are ordering from a dealer with a large number of allocations, and you place the order you want. The only thing you can't get are the items with 0% on their constraints. Right now, that is just dual roof packages, and some type of special LPO cargo mat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just had mine (Z51 Torch Red 3LT) shipped from my Museum pickup at Bowling Green to Phoenix…I purchased through Mike at Criswell Chevrolet in MD who highly recommended Plycar… I went with them and am super pleased with the transport.. Top of the line equipment all enclosed trailers..Tracked truck's progress on its way out via their GPS and website. Delivered right to my front door.
Highly respected auto transporter in the industry. I am not sure how there prices compare with others, but I know that in the moving business (whether your household goods or autos)… going with
the "lowest" bid is not the best way to go…
I would definitely check them out in your search..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Give MacMulkin's a call and ask for Tommy Jr. if not available speak with Ron or Mark.
603 888 1121 they can make what ever arrangements you would want..
Tommy has C7 coming in everyday.
If you buy from stock and want someone to look over even though its not needs let me know I'll take a peak at it

You will not be sorry dealing with them.
Mention my name
Dan F. I'm well known there..

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is a dealer in Northern Idaho that has high volume. The shipping might be less from them.

·
Registered
372 Posts
:D I Agree!!!
Give MacMulkin's a call and ask for Tommy Jr. if not available speak with Ron or Mark.
603 888 1121 they can make what ever arrangements you would want..
Tommy has C7 coming in everyday.
If you buy from stock and want someone to look over even though its not needs let me know I'll take a peak at it

You will not be sorry dealing with them.
Mention my name
Dan F. I'm well known there..

·
18,670 Posts
I got mine shipped from MacMulkin and it was 1550.00 enclosed and had no problems took about nine days.
What company shipped your car please?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Just had mine (Z51 Torch Red 3LT) shipped from my Museum pickup at Bowling Green to Phoenix…I purchased through Mike at Criswell Chevrolet in MD who highly recommended Plycar… I went with them and am super pleased with the transport.. Top of the line equipment all enclosed trailers..Tracked truck's progress on its way out via their GPS and website. Delivered right to my front door.
Highly respected auto transporter in the industry. I am not sure how there prices compare with others, but I know that in the moving business (whether your household goods or autos)… going with
the "lowest" bid is not the best way to go…
I would definitely check them out in your search..
Did you go to the Museum and do the entire delivery and then ship to your home? Who/how was the shipping arranged?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts