Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and thedemoman spent Saturday morning installing our new Aero parts.

thedemoman went with the Nowicki Auto Sport Concept7 side skirts in carbon fiber:
Concept 7 Ground Effects ? Nowicki Autosport / Design

I went with the ACS Composite C7 Aero pack (Front splitter, wheel deflectors, Zero7 ("Z06 style") side skirts) in carbon flash:
http://www.acscomposite.com/store/#!/~/product/category=9149725&id=35533612

They both came out fantastic and the cars look amazing!! Pictures don't do justice but ENJOY!! :D

IMG_2435.JPG
IMG_2396.JPG
IMG_2401.JPG
IMG_2404.JPG
IMG_2432.JPG
IMG_2378.JPG
IMG_2380.JPG
IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2407.JPG
IMG_2408.JPG
IMG_2412.JPG
IMG_2415.JPG
IMG_2418.JPG

·
Registered
582 Posts
Damn it! I said I was done spending money on my car and you have to post this! :p

Looks fantastic!!! :cool:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Me and thedemoman spent Saturday morning installing our new Aero parts.

thedemoman went with the Nowicki Auto Sport Concept7 side skirts in carbon fiber:
Concept 7 Ground Effects ? Nowicki Autosport / Design

I went with the ACS Composite C7 Aero pack (Front splitter, wheel deflectors, Zero7 ("Z06 style") side skirts) in carbon flash:
http://www.acscomposite.com/store/#!/~/product/category=9149725&id=35533612

They both came out fantastic and the cars look amazing!! Pictures don't do justice but ENJOY!! :D
I was thinking of getting these and adding them to my 2015 Z51 as well (ACS Composite C7 Aero pack )
Any issues with them being shipped to you? (Good packaging, scratched, etc?)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
For others doing this, seal the parts first with whatever sealant you like, A LOT easier with them off. Alcohol wipe, Rejex , crystal seal or locally, nu- Finish will do the job, 2 coats, 6-12 hours apart. You will be glad you did, these parts get far dirtier than the car paint. I'm washing mine twice as much as the car. They water spot easily and very apparent.

Note: a coating like opti coat or cquartz would be even better, and xpel the ultimate....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kathoga,

Packaging was very good. No scratches or damages whatsoever. They wrap the parts in plastic and use a lot of paper padding. Mine was shipped from East of Canada to West coast of US.

I was thinking of getting these and adding them to my 2015 Z51 as well (ACS Composite C7 Aero pack )
Any issues with them being shipped to you? (Good packaging, scratched, etc?)

Reactions: Kathoga

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a great point. My skirts and splitter get dirty very fast. Would recommend like Glen said to seal the parts before installation. Once installed, it's pretty hard to remove given all the screws and clips.

For others doing this, seal the parts first with whatever sealant you like, A LOT easier with them off. Alcohol wipe, Rejex , crystal seal or locally, nu- Finish will do the job, 2 coats, 6-12 hours apart. You will be glad you did, these parts get far dirtier than the car paint. I'm washing mine twice as much as the car. They water spot easily and very apparent.

Note: a coating like opti coat or cquartz would be even better, and xpel the ultimate....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Kathoga,

Packaging was very good. No scratches or damages whatsoever. They wrap the parts in plastic and use a lot of paper padding. Mine was shipped from East of Canada to West coast of US.
how hard were they to put on? as easy as removing bolts and rebolting the pieces back up? or is there more involved. Just wondering if I need to have a body shop do it for me. I have tools and am pretty mechanically inclined... I cant replace an engine or anything but am dangerous enough to do light car work. Thank you

Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
how hard were they to put on? as easy as removing bolts and rebolting the pieces back up? or is there more involved. Just wondering if I need to have a body shop do it for me. I have tools and am pretty mechanically inclined... I cant replace an engine or anything but am dangerous enough to do light car work. Thank you

Yup, remove and replace screws that are there, either use tape or tap screws in rocker mid sides, easy for someone who knows hand tools....

·
Registered
106 Posts
So the carbon fiber doesn't come sealed? Water impregnation isn't a good thing on carbon Also is there a link to the site or did I miss it somewhere?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Damn it! I said I was done spending money on my car and you have to post this! :p

Looks fantastic!!! :cool:
I feel your pain I told Sinner that I am going to rename my car and call her Parasite because she sucks ever dollar out of me.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yup, remove and replace screws that are there, either use tape or tap screws in rocker mid sides, easy for someone who knows hand tools....
Did installing these still leave access to the areas to install the jacking pucks?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Bluray Z51... what did you do to black out the chrome strip on the front of the grill?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts