Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello , which CAI is better for the zo6 , Afe or Halltech ?
Do I require a tuner such as Diablo or not ?

Please advice
Regards
Maxfactor

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've installed both and sold many more. Like on my car no tune is needed. I know tuners say tune it but gms tune is so rich that intakes are still safe

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've installed both and sold many more. Like on my car no tune is needed. I know tuners say tune it but gms tune is so rich that intakes are still safe

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't waste money on cat back. Do the corsa x pipe and get.it ceramic coated. Oem mufflers sound so good with the corsa on.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Car sounds raspy with X-Pipe only. If you like the sound of an eBay powered Honda Civic then by all means X-Pipe your car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've installed 13 corsa x pipes on the z06s. Not one complaint about rasp but the Borla x pipe does not sound as good.

I'm doing the corsa x pope on my own car next week I'll put up more vids. Also ask anyone on here or on other vett forum about corsa x pipe all say the same thing sounds great no issues of rasp..... the 2nd x on the corsa mid pipe makes a nice difference

·
Registered
432 Posts
Do I need a tune if I go with your 9% crank pulley for the z06?

Also, is it a do it yourself install?

Thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the 9 percent pulley ive seen one guy not tune but i would ptu the car on the wideband and check yours. i would say tune with pulley

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hey Tony,
corvette7tuning.com is advertising the AFES CAI for 499 plus free shipping. It is for the c7 so I'm assuming it is the same model

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Doesn't the c7 already have a CAI! Seems like all these aftermarket CAIs boil down to the filter. They all get attached to the same place as the OEM. Seems like a lot of $$ for a filter. Or is there something more to this?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I gained 40 rwhp and on the z06 least amount I've seen is 36 rwhp gain.

On c7 ones I've sold to and install about 20 at wheels.

I also have the ram air boots now.

Oh and on a buddy's z06 we installed the afe and he went .4 faster at the track same day

·
Registered
155 Posts
Would you add a cold air intake to your 2016 Z06 AFE is what I'm looking at I put one on my new 2015 Platnium 5.0 and it sounded great before I added dual Flowmaster exhaust

1 - 20 of 23 Posts