Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My requested report:

Plugged in the AFM disabling device in the OBDII, brought up the fuel usage screen (shows V4/V8 mode), drove 5 miles at all my driving situations (slow acceleration, cruising, cruise control on, etc.). Worked as advertised, no codes, no V4 mode, exhaust note sounded as I like it (NPP open). Even though leaving the A6 in Manual will have the same affect, sometimes I just don't feel like paddle shifting all the time.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
And you will be praised for a long-term aftermarket modification to the system's settings, while I will be scorned for choosing to use paddles for 500 miles to get around AFM for break-in.

Anyway, for those who wish to go your route for long-term disabling of AFM, you have given them a big hand by reporting what you found.

Best wishes, Norm!

Reactions: Norm

·
Registered
504 Posts
And you will be praised for a long-term aftermarket modification to the system's settings, while I will be scorned for choosing to use paddles for 500 miles to get around AFM for break-in.

Anyway, for those who wish to go your route for long-term disabling of AFM, you have given them a big hand by reporting what you found.

Best wishes, Norm!
Scorned? Really?

·
Registered
10,419 Posts

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed the device way after the break-in period, at 5000 miles. Looking forward to sustained V8 operation.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have been warned that strictly using paddle shifters for the break-in will cause me to "deviate from the manufactures guidance" and may cause an issue if I ever need a warranty claim. LOL!
Not directed at you, but at your critics....."Oh horse-hockey" as my Dad would say. My next Vette, Manual mode (paddle shifters) in Sport mode for the first 500, and plenty of runs up to 4000. I want all 8 cylinders breaking in properly.

Reactions: rdslon01 and Chip
1 - 7 of 7 Posts