6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my C7 for about a month now. It is:

3LT with Z51 Performance Package
Z51 5-split spoke chrome aluminum wheels
6-speed Paddle Shift automatic transmission
Magnetic Selective Ride Control
Carbon Flash-painted rear spoiler and outside mirrors

I absolutely love it. But I really wish it had the Performance Exhaust. Does anyone know if I can get this added? I want to be able to contol it in the cockpit just like the factory. Its a mean car I just want it to sound like it. But I also need it to be quite when on date night with the wifey!

Thanks in advace for your help.

Steve

·
18,669 Posts
This issue has been looked at before, and the consensus answer is no, for the adjustable exhaust is a system that interplays with, at least, the driver mode selector, who knows how many computer and sensors, the engine control module (ECM) and perhaps even the emissions control system. However, you already have one "sound level adjustable exhaust" option from Billy Boat exhaust. In fact that one company gives you several different options, as in here:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...cussions/1791-aftermarket-vs-npp-exhaust.html

However, this is still "early in the game," for many of the other major exhaust players such as Borla and Corsa are still approximately a month away from releasing their C7 exhaust options. I would suggest you wait at least till March before choosing which aftermarket option is for you. Also, already Billy Boat exhausts are being discounted over $600 from their list price, and discounts will only grow over the next few months. "Time, number of options and lower pricing ahead" are all definitely on your side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know of anu updates on this? Anyway to get an aftermarket exhaust controlled via the cockpit like the NPP?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I like that one, it looks way better than the "Willy Wonka" exhaust they come with. Just a cleaner look.

·
Registered
378 Posts
And already some, soon to be more, aftermarket exhaust options which will offer many different looks, as in the exhaust tips in this one option.

I like that one, it looks way better than the "Willy Wonka" exhaust they come with. Just a cleaner look.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'm not sure you can add the factory exhaust to it, but you can easily add cutouts to the rear of the car and they're remote operated and much less expensive too. Check out the clip, we have done this on a lot of cars from Corvettes to Cadillacs!
https://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/collections/exhaust/products/dmh-cut-outs
I did this on the ZR-1 and like it a lot. Instead of the switch that comes with the QTP cutots, I have a rocker switch hidden under the carpet on the console passenger side within easy reach. Stock quiet when I want it or open for racing or just scaring small children and pets. I drive with it normally slightly open. --Bob

Attachments

Reactions: weaponX

·
18,669 Posts
In GM's original StingRay presentations, they said the entire C7 exhaust had been increased to 2.75" (from the C6's 2.5"). Need an expert to verify before I would order.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Is 2.5" the correct size for C7
Elegant suggests the C7 system is 2.75" (I don't know myself) so 3" would be appropriate I would think. On my older car with a 2.5" system, my guy uses 3" because they are easier for him to install (they would overlap rather than butt). When I added tips he told me to order 3" and they fit the cutouts. -- Bob

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
You'd want to use the 2.5" and they'd fit it properly during install. Shoot me an email for best price. Enough of you guys want a set say 5, and I'll set up a group buy for the community ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts