Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are just two of the 1,000,000 wheel options out there, though we will need to know offsets and more before anyone pulls the trigger. However, there appear to be "lower weight" aftermarket wheel options out there, understanding that we do not yet know the 2015 Z06 wheel weights, and what follows contains some assumptions.

We know that the Z06 wheels will be the identical 19X10 and 20X12 size that were on the 2013 ZR1, and the wheel weights for the ZR1 20-spoke wheels (but do not know the weight of the ZR1 cup wheels; anyone?). The ZR1 20-spoke, 2013 wheels weighed 26.9 and 28.7 pounds respectively. Can not imagine that the new Z06 20-spoke, "Twin Y," wheels will weight more, and predict they will weigh at least a little less. In comparison:

Starting with one if our vendors sites, WeaponXmotorsports, found a couple of "more easily cleanable," lighter weight, monobloc Forgelines:

RB1: 19 x 10 = 23 lbs; 20 x 12 = 26 lbs

GA1R: 19 x 10 = 19.9 ; 20 x 12 = 23 lbs

As lesser weight, especially unsprung weight, leads to better performance (and greater gas mileage), aftermarket wheels may be an option for some Z06 owners.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Excellent observation John! One of my V wheel sets is the Forgeline GA1R and they're SUPER light weight for 20" wheels. I was actually just up at Forgeline this morning picking up my track 18" wheels and saw David, Forgeline owner's white C7 pictured above and those wheels were on it. They looked remarkable. Mine were originally finished like this as well, but they looked too much like my COR wheels in gunmetal, so I chose to have them coated in satin black. But they have a really hot mirror finish on the spokes of their machined finish which really offers a unique look. FWIW, their 3pc wheels with the titanium hardware option aren't much more than their 1pc shockingly and that also gives you the options of doing various color matching like gunmetal/machined/silver/polished/chrome/satin or gloss black/gold and on and on and on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts