Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The air conditioner in my 2015 Stingray will not blow air from the main vents on the dash. Has anyone had this problem? If you have, how was it fixed? One mechanic says the sensor in the dash are not letting the door open for the main vent to blow cold air. He said that the dash would have to come out to fix. I am leery about the dash coming out & causing other problems. Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
While I did not ever have any issues with the AC, I did have to have the dash taken apart to replace the Nav system and after that was done there were no issues or problems over the years resulting from removing and replacing the dash and related components/connections. If you are comfortable with your Chevy service department it should be OK.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
There were posts of a/c issues on the earlier models. From what I recall people recommended putting it in AUTO and as cold as possible with air to upper vents. Make sure the passenger temp is not active (let the main system run the driver and passenger sides). Doing this would sometimes get the system to regulate properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The air conditioner in my 2015 Stingray will not blow air from the main vents on the dash. Has anyone had this problem? If you have, how was it fixed? One mechanic says the sensor in the dash are not letting the door open for the main vent to blow cold air. He said that the dash would have to come out to fix. I am leery about the dash coming out & causing other problems. Any comments would be appreciated.
I have a 2014. Same problem (blower motor) real easy fix. Google it. Panel under the dash pops off blower motor right there. Helps if ur skinny. Not much space under that dash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts