Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there my fellow Stingray owners, upon first purchasing my car, I noticed that the car pulled to the right pretty noticeably; as a result, I brought the car into the dealership to get the alignment checked. The dealership performed the alignment to factory spec and mentioned that they still noticed it drifting to the right, but mentioned that the car is setup for the track and in that regard the pull to the right is expected. They also noted that another Stingray owner was having the same problem. Is anyone else having this issue? Or could anyone give me some advice on what to do next? Or is this expected and something I should just live with?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Wow, I've heard it all now...no, check tire pressure, alignment, tread etc...it should track 100 pct straight ...mine does...

Find another dealer with a HUNTER or advanced alignment machine.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Hey there my fellow Stingray owners, upon first purchasing my car, I noticed that the car pulled to the right pretty noticeably; as a result, I brought the car into the dealership to get the alignment checked. The dealership performed the alignment to factory spec and mentioned that they still noticed it drifting to the right, but mentioned that the car is setup for the track and in that regard the pull to the right is expected. They also noted that another Stingray owner was having the same problem. Is anyone else having this issue? Or could anyone give me some advice on what to do next? Or is this expected and something I should just live with?

Thanks everyone
One of the most ridiculous things I have heard from a dealership service department to date! Glen is correct, find another dealer...best wishes!

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
BTW, initial alignment is a warranty issue. I hope they didn't charge you.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts

Thanks everyone
Sunny_M3, I see you are in San Jose. For those of us in the area, will you please let is know which dealership said this to you?

Thanks a million!

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Hi Sunny_M3,

I am sorry to hear of this concern you are experiencing! Please feel free to send us a private message at any time so we may further assist you.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Several other owners that have reported this same issue found that a bad tire was the source of their issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the awesome feedback, I sent Chevrolet Customer Care a private message; hopefully I can get this resolved!

·
Registered
42 Posts
On a crowned road these cars will pull slightly. The key word is "slightly". Some people are more sensitive to it than others, but they will all pull slightly depending on the degree of the crown. Try driving on a road with the crown causing a drop to the left. The degree of pull should be opposite, but about the same, as for a crown that drops to the right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On a crowned road these cars will pull slightly. The key word is "slightly". Some people are more sensitive to it than others, but they will all pull slightly depending on the degree of the crown. Try driving on a road with the crown causing a drop to the left. The degree of pull should be opposite, but about the same, as for a crown that drops to the right.
Yup, I totally agree, but this definitely doesn't feel like a slight pull. It is more of a hard drift. I am hoping I can get it re-evaluated at another dealership and get the issue resolved.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Yup, I totally agree, but this definitely doesn't feel like a slight pull. It is more of a hard drift. I am hoping I can get it re-evaluated at another dealership and get the issue resolved.
I had someone tell me "Oh, you can't expect it to drive straight because of a crown." My response back was I know where stretches of 101 are that are flat, and my old car drives straight there. The next thing out of his mount was, "The StingRay is hard to align properly..."

I sent you a PM. I hope we can talk because I am super sensitive to an out-of-alignment car. I can't tolerate it.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Mine is aligned properly. No drift at all on flat roads.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mine is aligned properly. No drift at all on flat roads.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
I've been watching out for any hint of alignment issues and I have none w my StingRay.

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

Reactions: jagamajajaran

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine had a noticeable drift from bowling green. Had it checked when I got back to Houston and the alignment was off 2 degrees. TX crowns their roads heavily and a camber adjustment was all that was needed. Straight as an arrow now with no issue of tire wear in the future.

I've read some states crown more than others and a zero degree alignment will drift more on some.

I had the same issue with a 2013 BMW recently and a quick alignment check with a reputable dealer fixed it right up

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Thank you all for the awesome feedback, I sent Chevrolet Customer Care a private message; hopefully I can get this resolved!
Hey Sunny_M3,

I sent you a private message regarding your alignment concerns. Let me know if it doesn't come through for some reason. I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope you are having a great day!

Jennie R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agap1945. I am experiencing the same pulling to right. Has been present since picked car at 700 miles. I have had to the dealer at least 3 times and have been told that the alignment was "within spec" but service manager admitted that it still pulls. Tires seem fine to look at. BTW I had previously posted re the torque tube problems and this was fixed by replacing it with new factory part but it took nearly a month with car sitting at dealership.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Agap1945. I am experiencing the same pulling to right. Has been present since picked car at 700 miles. I have had to the dealer at least 3 times and have been told that the alignment was "within spec" but service manager admitted that it still pulls. Tires seem fine to look at. BTW I had previously posted re the torque tube problems and this was fixed by replacing it with new factory part but it took nearly a month with car sitting at dealership.
Sounds like you need to consider going to a new dealer.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts