Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Corvette dealer said that allocations and prices would be available in three weeks. Can anyone else confirm.
How exciting if true!

·
18,670 Posts
Sorry, wish your dealer is correct, but not what I have have consistently heard, i.e. Z06 allocations in late August (at the soonest), much more probably early September, with pricing, just like the StingRay, after first orders go in -- late September or so.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
John
I did not see from the OP any mention of Z06, which it seems you are referring to. Is his question on StingRay's?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I neglected to say 2015 Z06 and the August and September have been the dates I have heard before.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ok me bad, John clearly knew something that was not in the post.

Just goes to show that John really does have a lot of information at his disposal.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
John
I did not see from the OP any mention of Z06, which it seems you are referring to. Is his question on StingRay's?
Tom, I was with you there at first, too. I also thought the original post might have been about the StingRay instead of the Z06 until I scrolled to the main top of the screen and saw this thread is posted in the "Corvette Z06 Purchasing" forum.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry, wish your dealer is correct, but not what I have have consistently heard, i.e. Z06 allocations in late August (at the soonest), much more probably early September, with pricing, just like the StingRay, after first orders go in -- late September or so.
John the first orders have to be placed before the price is released? That doesn't even seem legal? Explain please!

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
John the first orders have to be placed before the price is released? That doesn't even seem legal? Explain please!
I placed hard orders for 3 of my cars (an STS, an XTS and the Stingray) before finalized pricing was known and in fact before any were available to sit in, test drive etc. I trusted the dealers obviously.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
It's perfectly legal and every car company does it with their dealers. Dealers do it because they know they need to order product to sell regardless the MSRP and it's usually only a few week lag anyway. Retail customers can ask the dealer to place the order for them but can always cancel the contract once the price is announced. If you are working with a dealer who will not let you walk away from an order if the pricing is not within your comfort zone once it's announced you need to find a different dealer.

I believe you are mistaking actually delivering the car before pricing is announced, this is just the ordering process.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The illegal part was a joke...but how will I know how many options I can afford.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Tom, I was with you there at first, too. I also thought the original post might have been about the StingRay instead of the Z06 until I scrolled to the main top of the screen and saw this thread is posted in the "Corvette Z06 Purchasing" forum.
Ah so said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

I will admit I use my phone app and don't look at the thread name. Will start doing that from now on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts