Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put my deposit on a z51, and dealer said it'll take between 9-12 weeks for delivery. I asked about allocations and if they would affect wait time, and they responded with "when the vette's first came out it was a big deal. Now we can pretty much guarantee you a car by the 9-12 week mark"

I placed the order last week on 3-14, and today i called and was told order was accepted and its at 1100. from what i understood 1100 is still limbo, meaning the car isnt close to being made. However, they continued to say itll be ready by the 9-12 week mark.

Am i being stroked, or is it realistic that ill get the car within that time frame? i was able to see that i was priority #5 on their workorder screen, meaning 4 more guys are ahead of me. 2 1lt's verts, a few 3lt z51, and my 2lt z51. Can anyone chime in on if my 9 week wait is realistic?

I ordered with following options:
-2lt Z51 torch red with black and suede interior. 7 speed
-magnetic suspension
-performance exhaust
-navigation
-carbon flash painted spoiler and mirrors
-black rims

thanks for any info!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Allocation for the rest of the model year is supposed to be based on cars sold so far this year since they have blown through initial allocation, at least that's what one dealer told me. Now I don't know if that's true and honestly I don't expect any dealer to be entirely honest regarding allocation, at least not in public on a forum.

Their 9-12 week wait sounds like they have factored in a couple weeks of consensus until your order is actually assigned to one of their allocations and moves to 2000 status. Once it gets to 2000 status you are about 5 weeks from production then another 1-4 weeks from delivery to your dealer, hence the 9-12 week wait.

Also understand that no new orders will be pulled by GM next Tuesday and possibly the following Tuesday according to 2 dealers I've talked to.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
You are being stroked unless, which I tend to doubt, your dealer is saying it is no big deal to us because our dealership has lots of allocation left.

Today's constraint report shows, for perhaps the 20-25th week in a row, that Z-51's are still at a 50% constraint, as per the following link, post # 533:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...889-constraint-updates-post-info-here-56.html

Based on your being priority #5, with Z-51's ahead of you, there is a possibility that you might not get a 2014 Z-51, again, unless your dealer can show you that he has plenty of allocation left. The following thread will show you a GM allocation form. Ask your dealer to show it to you, for Z-51's are still in hot demand.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...ordering-c7-corvette-thread-will-helpful.html

This thread will also be helpful:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...ordering-c7-corvette-thread-will-helpful.html

If you are going to be charged over list, you should consider the many options out there. Even at list, there are other options that WILL result in your getting your Z-51 early June (perhaps earlier). After reading all the above links, and meeting again with your dealer to see if they will prove they has lots of allocations, and you still aren't completely sure you are not being stroked, PM me and I will outline a path that will ensure your Z-51 will arrive by June (following the same path at least twenty-five, maybe fifty of your fellow forum members have followed leading to their successfully getting theirs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Allocation for the rest of the model year is supposed to be based on cars sold so far this year since they have blown through initial allocation, at least that's what one dealer told me. Now I don't know if that's true and honestly I don't expect any dealer to be entirely honest regarding allocation, at least not in public on a forum.

Their 9-12 week wait sounds like they have factored in a couple weeks of consensus until your order is actually assigned to one of their allocations and moves to 2000 status. Once it gets to 2000 status you are about 5 weeks from production then another 1-4 weeks from delivery to your dealer, hence the 9-12 week wait.

Also understand that no new orders will be pulled by GM next Tuesday and possibly the following Tuesday according to 2 dealers I've talked to.

well by the sound of it, its at least 6 weeks until i even get to the 2000 mark considering i have 4 guys in front of me... Im out of the country all of june, but im hoping the car will be ready at least by the time i get back in july. Is there any site online i can check to see how many allocations each dealer is given?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is the 1000$ deposit refundable or am i screwed out of that if i choose to cancel the order and go elsewhere?

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
So i put my deposit on a z51, and dealer said it'll take between 9-12 weeks for delivery. I asked about allocations and if they would affect wait time, and they responded with "when the vette's first came out it was a big deal. Now we can pretty much guarantee you a car by the 9-12 week mark"

I placed the order last week on 3-14, and today i called and was told order was accepted and its at 1100. from what i understood 1100 is still limbo, meaning the car isnt close to being made. However, they continued to say itll be ready by the 9-12 week mark.

Am i being stroked, or is it realistic that ill get the car within that time frame? i was able to see that i was priority #5 on their workorder screen, meaning 4 more guys are ahead of me. 2 1lt's verts, a few 3lt z51, and my 2lt z51. Can anyone chime in on if my 9 week wait is realistic?

-magnetic suspension
-performance exhaust
-navigation
-black rims

thanks for any info!
If they told you 1100 is "accepted" that was lie #1 (status 2000 is accepted by GM).

There is no way to know if they can hit 9-12 weeks, because you do not know how long it will take until they fill those four guys ahead of you, and then get another allocation for you.

Also, Z51 is on 50% constraint, which means that for every two allocations they get, only one can be a Z51. So, in essence, if you are #5 on their list, and everyone in front of you also wants a Z51, it will actually take about 10 allocations before they will get to you.

They may be telling you the truth, but just that one lie (or misunderstanding), makes me question everything. Also, if it were really the case that they get that many allocations so regularly, then they would probably volunteer data on just how many StingRays they deliver per month. It would have to be a somewhat impressive number.

Finally, if they are delivering such an impressive number of StingRays per month, then they probably would not have said the StingRays were hard to get in the beginning (because such an impressive number implies they are a large volume dealer).

I would be extremely suspicious of those folks, and ask them some hard questions.

Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of how many 2014 Corvettes will be produced and what the % of them are Z51? I understand that once production is stopped you can can particulars on the different combinations were produced. Some tell me that this info is on the Build sheet???

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
is the 1000$ deposit refundable or am i screwed out of that if i choose to cancel the order and go elsewhere?
Congratulations, CA resident! Your deposit is fully refundable by CA law, unless the dealership can somehow show you have injured them financially (which they absolutely cannot do, especially since your car is not even being built yet). In fact, even if your car was being built, they still could not show you have harmed them because the StingRay is so hot they will have NO problem selling it to someone else.

They probably do not want you to know this, but they cannot legally keep your deposit if you ask for it back.

Reactions: torchred

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If they told you 1100 is "accepted" that was lie #1 (status 2000 is accepted by GM).

There is no way to know if they can hit 9-12 weeks, because you do not know how long it will take until they fill those four guys ahead of you, and then get another allocation for you.

Also, Z51 is on 50% constraint, which means that for every two allocations they get, only one can be a Z51. So, in essence, if you are #5 on their list, and everyone in front of you also wants a Z51, it will actually take about 10 allocations before they will get to you.

They may be telling you the truth, but just that one lie (or misunderstanding), makes me question everything. Also, if it were really the case that they get that many allocations so regularly, then they would probably volunteer data on just how many StingRays they deliver per month. It would have to be a somewhat impressive number.

Finally, if they are delivering such an impressive number of StingRays per month, then they probably would not have said the StingRays were hard to get in the beginning (because such an impressive number implies they are a large volume dealer).

I would be extremely suspicious of those folks, and ask them some hard questions.

Im definitely going to go back and request to see their allocations form, but the fact that they had a 1lt vert already on their lot (of course marked up 15k over msrp) and had delivered an artic white two weeks prior made me feel pretty comfortable about them. I cant believe how stressful it is to buy a car now lol And thank you for explaining the 50% constraint, i was confused as to what that meant. it doesnt ease my situation, but at least i know what it is now

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Im definitely going to go back and request to see their allocations form, but the fact that they had a 1lt vert already on their lot (of course marked up 15k over msrp) and had delivered an artic white two weeks prior made me feel pretty comfortable about them. I cant believe how stressful it is to buy a car now lol And thank you for explaining the 50% constraint, i was confused as to what that meant. it doesnt ease my situation, but at least i know what it is now
Torchred, to get a Z51 coupe for you in 9 weeks would require them to deliver, on average, 24 coupes/month (not including convertibles). This estimate is based on many factors, including a somewhat optimistic delivery from Bowling Green to CA.

If they have only one on the lot, I doubt they have the volume to deliver on that timeline.

Please tell me you did not agree to pay over MSRP.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Torchred, to get a Z51 coupe for you in 9 weeks would require them to deliver, on average, 24 coupes/month (not including convertibles). This estimate is based on many factors, including a somewhat optimistic delivery from Bowling Green to CA.

If they have only one on the lot, I doubt they have the volume to deliver on that timeline.

Please tell me you did not agree to pay over MSRP.
Yea after all i'm readying it seems i'm being jerked around by the dealer. I'm going to cancel this order and move onto a bigger dealership that was recommended. With all the options i mentioned i was right at 66k, so i believe they kept me at MSRP.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Status 1100 means they placed the package order at their front door for GM to pickup but that could be months based on their allocations. They stroked you for $1000 that they will use as an interest free loan from you to pay for current business expenses. No worries you can get that back in California, I did that to 2 dealers here in southern California before I fell on my head and saw the light, :rolleyes: yes the light is on the east coast its all in my signature...:cool:

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of how many 2014 Corvettes will be produced and what the % of them are Z51? I understand that once production is stopped you can can particulars on the different combinations were produced. Some tell me that this info is on the Build sheet???
They are on target to produce between 30000 and 34000 C7's in the 2014 MY. 60% of them are targeted to be Z51's. I don't recall the percentage break down of coupes vs. convertibles but I think it's about 70/30. I also believe the ratio of Z51's is a bit higher on coupes than verts but that's just a guess based on comments I've heard.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yea after all i'm readying it seems i'm being jerked around by the dealer. I'm going to cancel this order and move onto a bigger dealership that was recommended. With all the options i mentioned i was right at 66k, so i believe they kept me at MSRP.
They might be jerking you around. More than one dealer has been known to take a deposit, promise what they think the buyer wants to hear, and see if they can get the car. If they can't, in there mind they lost nothing. At first blush, "when the vette's first came out it was a big deal. Now we can pretty much guarantee you a car by the 9-12 week mark"
sounds like hot air to me.

If it where me, I'd ask how many 2014 Corvettes they have had delivered to them from GM to date. Report your finding here and I'll bet someone with an understanding of the allocation process can give you a pretty good indication if the dealer is blowing smoke, or not.

·
Registered
37 Posts

-magnetic suspension
-performance exhaust
-navigation
-black rims

thanks for any info!
Your car arrived but I convinced the dealer to sell it to me.
first wax 4.jpg

·
Registered
237 Posts

Why is gm not pulling orders ?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Why is gm not pulling orders ?
Plant shutdown for the week of April 21st and possibly the week of April 28th as well according to Dennis @ Les Stanford. Rick Conti also confirmed this weeks consensus is a "by week" meaning no orders accepted.

I doubt it's a plant shutdown, more than likely they will be doing some pilot runs of 2015's. Regardless, it means no 2014 production for those 2 weeks which means no new orders until the April 3rd consensus.

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
Approximately 34,000, 2014 StingRays will be produced, of which 20,000 will be Z-51's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts