Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DSCN1985.JPG

I ordered back in October and sat through the constraints but I got an email from NCM today with this pic! (photo album option)

Cyber Gray Z51 with orange stripes/ 3LT Brownstone, Mag, FAY, NPP and other stuff
The NCM is adding 35% tint, splash guards and Xpel
We pick it up at the NCM first week of March and get to make the 960 mile ride home

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Very nice! I knew they did the Expel, wasn't aware of the window tint. I might have to look into that, so I don't have to worry about it once I get it home.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Congrats Mecholova!:cool:

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
View attachment 3847

I ordered back in October and sat through the constraints but I got an email from NCM today with this pic! (photo album option)

Cyber Gray Z51 with orange stripes/ 3LT Brownstone, Mag, FAY, NPP and other stuff
The NCM is adding 35% tint, splash guards and Xpel
We pick it up at the NCM first week of March and get to make the 960 mile ride home
You wrote you ordered orange stripes, but the cars in the picture do not have them. How is that? Do they put the stripes on later, or is that not your car, or ...?

·
Registered
36 Posts
They put the stripes on later Rodney.

We are getting carbon flash stripes on our new baby!

Maybe we will pick up at the museum the same day Mecholova!

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Okay, thanks, T&T. Initially I thought all the stripes were painted on, but I guess not. So, it is starting to beg the question for me: why should I pay GM premium to do the hood stinger stripe instead of just having someone local put one on after I get the car? Is there any advantage at all for GM to do it?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, thanks, T&T. Initially I thought all the stripes were painted on, but I guess not. So, it is starting to beg the question for me: why should I pay GM premium to do the hood stinger stripe instead of just having someone local put one on after I get the car? Is there any advantage at all for GM to do it?
They do the stripes with a thin vinyl then clear coat. To me the advantage was not having to worry about the paint protection being voided or having it done after I get the car xpeled (the long drive home and 15% discount from NCM made me want it asap). I'm not sure what price difference is. I probably should have checked but I saw the option and liked the way it looked on the build site :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I read somewhere here in the forum that the GM vinyl stripe is thicker then the aftermarket. Someone with more experience correct me if I am wrong...:D

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I read somewhere here in the forum that the GM vinyl stripe is thicker then the aftermarket. Someone with more experience correct me if I am wrong...:D
There is NO diff in the aftermarket stripes like vettefx, vs the GM stinger. We got two cars next to each other, my vettefx stripe and the GM on the premier edition. All 30 or so people felt the same. If the GM stripe is cleared with paint, it does not show at all

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks Glen for doing the stripe test. Good information to know.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Hey Mecholova, I went on the NCM web site and found the Expel, but can't find a link for the window tint. How did you go about getting it done, and if you don't mind sharing, how much did they charge? You can PM me the price if you don't want to make it public, although many might be interested in getting it done there if doing a museum delivery.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I asked Shane Webb at the NCM when speaking to him about the plaque. The people they use for the Xpel are the same folks who do the tinting and it can only be 35% due to the state laws. Im sorry but I cannot tell you what the cost is because I just listed everything I wanted done and he gave me a price.
Give them a call, theyre great to deal with

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
That's fine, I appreciate the info. 35% works great for me because that is also state law in North Carolina. When I get a little closer I give them a call. It looks like I will be giving Tommy Jr. a deposit this week, so my journey can finally begin. :)

·
18,669 Posts
There is NO diff in the aftermarket stripes like vettefx, vs the GM stinger. We got two cars next to each other, my vettefx stripe and the GM on the premier edition. All 30 or so people felt the same. If the GM stripe is cleared with paint, it does not show at all
Glen, planning to have the factory hood stripe, then the entire hood (and more) covered with one piece clear urethane. Thoughts?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts