Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...about the lack of communication of GM regarding the performances of the C7 on the Nürburgring? (as finally it's a reference track)

1/ The C7 is more than one year old now.
2/ They had a lot of delay to make only ONE fast lap time
3/ It's impossible to find a complete a C7's fast lap video

The competitors, as Nissan for example, are quickly going to the 'Ring just at the cars releases dates and realize their references times, have no delay to communicate and, mostly, are able to advertise about their good performances.
Even the smaller types of cars are focusing on the Nürburgring times and the battles are continuous along the years.

The long distance from the factory is not an excuse, do you think that coming with a GT-R from Japan is easier and cheaper ?

GM would suddenly not be interested about a good reference time ? No way to imagine that !
The C7 have been declared as an exceptional car by the professional testers around the world, so... what is the problem ?

This car is very rare in Europe at this time and quite all of them could be "too young" to be driven hardly on the 'Ring by their owners, but some amateurs are good drivers and have certainly the goal to explode one stunning time on the 'Ring :cool:

Just before go be under your guns :eek:, I recall to you that I'm not here for nothing, I have my Z51 on order so I trust enough in it to invest a lot of hard to gain cash, I don't want to be considered as a troll.
I have questions in my head and I would like to know if you have the same questions in yours ;)

Any passion don't have to make us blind.

Reactions: cayennes

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Whats the hurry? How important is it? Its not the only reference track. I don't feel deprived of any information. I am driving mine and the handling reminds me of Nurburgring videos. Hope you get ur C7 soon. Love working you Swiss (HB) guys on ham radio.

·
Registered
54 Posts
95% of Corvette buyers could care less about Nurburgring times...
Here anyway...Might be different in Europe.
It's not all that important in the end....

·
Registered
307 Posts
I guess knowing the Nurburgring lap time would be great for bragging rights in a bar but right I'm too busy dealing with the 100+ daily compliments I get on my new C7... it's a gorgeous car & fast as heck... not sure if many people here are obsessed with lap times. I can tell you that my lap time from home to work improved dramatically from my 5 series BMW. :)

Reactions: V1 VR

·
Registered
755 Posts
I believe that there is some times recorded already but I just can't put my finger on them just now. You should probably see some amazing times in a short time as the Z06s come off the production lines. As the ZR1 owned the record for it's class for some time so will the Z06. You are a patient sole as demostrated in your waiting for your 2015. Europe got more than 1500 2014s, so they are not as rare as one may think. That is approx. 500 more than came to Canada. A mear stones throw from the plant in Bowling Green Ky. and to answer your topical question, "No, I am not suprised"

STUNG:cool:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm OK with all your comments :roll eyes: I can also leave without those times and that will not change the world's face :cool:

My post was just to point on the GM contradictions :
They go to the Nürburgring (and more than one time) to run the C7 (as all their competitors with their cars) and is the only one to don't give any information regarding the best C7 fast lap.

All the manufacturers go on this track as it serves to calibrate the performances of their vehicles compared to other ones on the most well-known track.

Beside that no need to go to THIS track only to develop a car technically, there are plenty of very difficult tracks around the world to do that and certainly in USA too.

All that said, this post shows that some our points of interest over here and in USA are different, that's normal but at least I'm happy to be here, in your C7 lovers family :roll eyes:

Reactions: Boomer

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
As Swiss says, Ring times are now the benchmark. GM hasn't published C7 times because the one's they have aren't good enough, either due to weather or simply poor performance. if they can't beat the older Corvette or 911 times they will not publish them, it's that simple.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Amen !

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm with Mark on this. The C7 times were not good enough to post. Maybe they had technical difficulties or the driver wasn't on top of his/her game (it was Mero, though, wasn't it?). The car should have done well... based on its performance at the "Lightning Lap" I would expect a very respectable time if everything else is in order.

Then again McLaren hasn't posted times for the P1 yet and they are rumored to be staggering. GM could be waiting for something but I don't know what it would be at this point.

The Z06 should post a nice lap time once they stop crashing it.

Reactions: Derbo2
1 - 9 of 9 Posts