Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Product Engineer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Installation Instructions Attached.

FEATURES:
• Optimized Active Contours (Both Upstream & Downstream)
• Porting Taper and Upstream Bore (Lip & Bore Reduction)
• Greater Discharge Coefficient of Plate/Blade
• 16 Ra Microinch, Diamond Polished Surface Finish (Lower Skin Friction)
• Half-Shaft (Front & Back) for Larger WOT Flow Area (91 mm Effective Bore)
• Self-Cleaning Throat/Flow Gap
• Minimized Gear Backlash
• Countersunk, Thread-locked, and Peened Screws
• Higher Quality
• Made from Brand New OEM Parts

BENEFITS:
• Lower weight to power ratio at part throttle, for a more nimble/spirited driving experience
(We doubled the rate of change of mass airflow (MAF) from 1.2 g/s-deg to 2.4 g/s-deg), 100% Increase!
• Linearization and smoothing of the curve for a more predictable response and crisper shifts
• Immediate response right off idling while keeping idling function undisturbed (No Hesitation/Stumble)
• Eliminate the need for ECU tuning
• More air/power at every single throttle position after idle. Crucial for starting or expanding power gain modifications
Easy Installation (15 Minutes or Less)

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just in case anyone is looking for a present for themselves - or PRINT THIS OUT AND GIVE TO YOUR WIFE
I installed the Soler throttle body yesterday in my 2019 C7 Stingray Automatic - and I am totally surprised how it makes such a difference in the personality of the car during the first 2 or 3 inches (per tech specs 0% to 30%) of gas pedal travel... ! This car always felt "sleepy" or like it had a small bog until it reached 2+k RPM's - not terrible, but not spirited.
By only changing the throttle body - to the size that does not require a new tune - my car is now "woken up" in that 0% to 30% of travel range.
I actually feel like the car has more confidence pulling out in traffic from a stop. Now from the moment i press the gas pedal, the car just goes in what strikes me as a linear fashion,, it's not scary fast or out of control - but just confident and "on rails"... not sure if its just in my mind or in reality - but i swear it feels like when i accelerate at that low range of throttle, the car would down shift more often prior to the change - now it just goes. Tip for those with a son, daughter or even spouse - wait for them to have an extra half hour and install it together (15 mins to find the tools and 15 mins to do the install). Last month i was at Spring Mountain and on their track, of course the car takes off - basically you "just floor it every chance you get" (Literally!) - there you are not in the first 30% of travel very often for very long. But in daily driving - i never realized how much time is spent in that initial range of gas pedal travel - and that's where this TB shines and you smile. Alot.
Anyone who has a C7 that has not added this - or is partnered with someone who hasn't - hint hint - Just Get the darn thing and put it in! Then smile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts