Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
most avid auto aficionados are probably sold on the C7 looks at this point, and the 2014 sales records and production backlogs speak for themselves. HOWEVER, dont you have to wonder what really comes next--i.e., 2015 sales? this is one (ill-informed?) persons view: 2015 C7/Z06 sales numbers will be anti-climactic. with the huge hoopla over the C7 in 2014, and the stingray (non-Z06) sales in 2015, whats left for the Z06? despite the anticipated enthusiasm on the forum, how many Z06s will really be sold? im going to make a wild guess and say 4,000 units. any other thoughts? wonder what gm has budgeted for the car. would you buy this car if you were not going to track it?

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
most avid auto aficionados are probably sold on the C7 looks at this point, and the 2014 sales records and production backlogs speak for themselves. HOWEVER, dont you have to wonder what really comes next--i.e., 2015 sales? this is one (ill-informed?) persons view: 2015 C7/Z06 sales numbers will be anti-climactic. with the huge hoopla over the C7 in 2014, and the stingray (non-Z06) sales in 2015, whats left for the Z06? despite the anticipated enthusiasm on the forum, how many Z06s will really be sold? im going to make a wild guess and say 4,000 units. any other thoughts? wonder what gm has budgeted for the car. would you buy this car if you were not going to track it?
How many Z06's will be sold? Simple answer, All of them. Yes people will buy it and not take it to the track.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How many Z06's will be sold? Simple answer, All of them. Yes people will buy it and not take it to the track.
thats where i disagree. if gm overbuilds, based on 2014 response, they will end up NOT selling all of them (although a very clever use of words on your part)--unless, of course, at a discount. and, an important issue is... who would pay for a supercharger (et al.) just to excite the local law enforcement officers and use on the streets? obviously some will, but a very small number methinks.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I would trade up for one if it was in my budget, unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look at it, it's not in the cards for me. I'm cool with that, as I absolutely love my C7 just the way she is. If I had more HP I would just get myself into trouble I'm quite sure.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
They will sell more then they will produce in 2015 it will merge into 2016 very fast
The only problem with that logic is they built more 2014's than they sold, hence the existing dealer stock of 2014's and dealers blowing them out at from $4000 to $6000 discounts.

Admittedly those are large dealers and I'm sure there are many mom and pop shops that still have pending orders from uninformed customers.

I'm talking about Stingrays, I didn't originally read the OP as Z06 specific but if the above comment was Z06 specific they I agree, they will not fulfill demand in the 2015 MY for the Z06 and it should carry over into MY2016

·
Registered
115 Posts
There are other cars out there that equal or exceed the power of the Z06 and are based on other models in the same line, they sell fine. It's funny how we base the general public on what forum members have or do. Keep in mind that many in the general public buy things "because they can". You ask what is left for the Z06......simple answer. Power, wide body, wide tires. Isn't a couple of these the reason the Grand Sports came into existence?

·
Registered
231 Posts
would you buy this car if you were not going to track it?

Yup. I hope to order one within a year and a half and most likely it will never see a track. I like the wider stance, extra power, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts