Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just learned from dealership that my C8 also has same transmission fluid leak as those previously reported on YouTube.
Mileage 4844, never tracked, never launched. Dealership will be keeping the car for a more thorough inspection. I will update.
Others have reported that GM had replaced CVT.
This is a 2020, received November of 2020.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
Sorry to read this JoePro4X. Yes there have been several reported transaxle leaks with the C8s along with leaks from the front-lift fluid cap. Did your C8 leak onto your garage floor or was it at the dealership for something else?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry to read this JoePro4X. Yes there have been several reported transaxle leaks with the C8s along with leaks from the front-lift fluid cap. Did your C8 leak onto your garage floor or was it at the dealership for something else?
It was at dealership for "start failure / check engine light".
Car would not start after short drive to market. Received immediate diagnostic alert : "SERVICE ENGINE/TRANSMISSION WITHIN 1 DAY".
Dash would power-up, and kept repeating message "TRY START AGAIN". Retried multiple times, no success. I had to disconnect negative battery terminal, wait a couple minutes, then reconnect to "reboot" system. It started, but check engine light remained "on".
I made it home, backed in garage, shutdown, waited. Restarted car with no problem, but check engine light remained on.
Upon going to dealership next day, reported same, requested diagnostic, & first oil change. Dealership called hours later to advise they discovered leak of transmission fluid, but have not discovered where exactly it was leaking from.
On Monday (5/3/2021) the dealership will begin further disassembling of car to gain further access to CVT to find source of leak.
I'm thankful dealership discovered leak. But very disappointed that it looks like I will miss the CORVETTE CLASSIC WEEKEND that my C8 was registered for May 21, 22, & 23 at Texas Motor Speedway.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE ! - I was informed on May 3, 2021 by dealership that GM is currently looking into possible incorrectly "threaded" / improperly installed bolts/gasket on C8 CVT fluid pans. My particular leak was discovered as being leaking from around CVT pan bolts/gasket. A completely new set of bolts & gasket are being expedited for immediate shipment. Installation to be completed asap. Will give update upon completion.

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
Glad to hear they believe they discovered the problem and have a fix JoePro4X!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts