Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just removed my dash and am taking a break before installing the carbon fiber dash back. I followed two separate threads from the corvetteforum, which were super helpful, but I would like to supplement those two threads with some more pictures and a video. All the pics were taken from a DSLR and the videos are in HD 1080p.
It took me about 1.5 hours to leisurely remove the dash while my wife helped me with the photos and videos. I am assuming it will take another hour to put everything back together.
If you are hesitant to do this, please do not be afraid. Even my wife, who does not know the difference between a phillip and a flathead screwdriver, admitted that this was an easy project after seeing the process. The pictures are not for the faint of heart, but everything consist of removal of screws, clips, and prying it either with your hand or a prying tool. We did not run into any problems at all. The clips are very hardy and so will not break. Please stay tune, and I promise to post the videos and photos within the next day or two.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I just got my dash today. Looking forward to seeing your videos and photos.

Reactions: Vincentesq

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi everyone, Ok, I am done with the installation and the video. Here is the youtube link below. The video is 12 minutes long and include 35 photos at the end. I am not including any instructions here unless someone request because there are two other threads on the corvetteforum.com already. I suggest you read the instructions on both of those threads, and then watch my video prior to doing your own dash. Please let me know if you have any questions. It took me 1.5 hours to do the removal; another 30 minutes to transfer the buttons and such onto the carbon dash (be careful here; you don't want to break them.) It took me about 30 minutes to install the dash back. While doing this, I also replaced the center console and trim piece by the driver right leg to match my red interior.
After the installation, I went for a drive and was terrified when my infortainment screen froze. I could not make the screen change no matter what I pushed. I restarted the engine twice and that did not help. After about 5 minutes, the screen just came back alive while driving. I think it may have reset itself. Except for that scary five minutes, everything went PERFECT. No mishap, scratches, broken parts. I have taken off dash from many other cars before and this is the most well made so far with so many clips and screws. Do not be afraid to do it. Although I hear it only cost about $300-400 to have it professionally installed, the purpose of doing it myself was not to save a couple hundred bucks, but to see what my car is made out of. I am glad I did it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thank you very much will be installing mine this weekend. Keith

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well done.... Thanks nice to see how it comes apart.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
WOW Vincentesq that was most impressive. Thank you and your capable assistant for documenting and sharing. Very instructional. :cool:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Vincent; I just came across you video on U-Tube this morning and was going to put it up here. Good to see you had already done so. I got to tell you that flinched every time you pried a stuck corner or pulled on a stuck clip. Your a better man than I, cause I am sure I would do something "ham fisted" and mess something up. I would add to your well laid out video that marked plastic sandwich bags would be a good idea for storage when removing the different screws and fasteners. Nice job on the video!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great video! Thanks for taking the time to do that! Where is the best place to get the dash?

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Vincent, Great video, well done. You can't beat a step-by-step how to video.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
531 Posts
I got my CF Dash at Partstaxie.co 545.00 shiped. Keith

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does GMparts have this part yet ? Or is there somewhere else i could grab it ? I looked up this partstaxie place and didn't find anything.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sadly partstaxi went out of business about 2 weeks ago but this is the second best option. GMpartshouse.com. Little more expensive but they are good guys.

Keith

·
Registered
531 Posts
The part #22826760.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts