Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined the forum in anticipation of delivery (soon I hope) of 2014 LT3, white, black wheels, black interior, Z51, exhaust, Magnetic Ride, auto (I know), orange stripes.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
Welcome to our forum bumparker! Look forward to seeing pictures of your new Stingray when it arrives.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have an automatic. It's AWESOME. You will love it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome! Just picked up my Z51 Auto on Saturday.....after 225 miles I'll say that you will not be disappointed in any way with this car. Can't wait to see the photos!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

This car is awesome!!! ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the kind words. I'm trying to be patient on the delivery. I'm glad to hear people like the auto, the dealer had no cars to drive, so I had to buy based upon reviews. I've never even been close to one yet, let alone driven one. The auto is a lifestyle choice, I live in Houston and will be faced with traffic in the city. I have owned a GTO and Z-28 with standard transmissions, but the thought of sitting traffic with a manual is not appealing for me these days. I'm struggling with: should I keep my perfectly good Nissan Z as a daily driver or do I trade in the Z?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Welcome...I too had never driven the C7 until I drove off from the museum Tuesday, sat in a couple (thank you War Eagle and Amanda) but never driven one...the forum is a great support group while you are waiting on your Stingray. Lot's of knowledge and helpful people.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words. I'm trying to be patient on the delivery. I'm glad to hear people like the auto, the dealer had no cars to drive, so I had to buy based upon reviews. I've never even been close to one yet, let alone driven one. The auto is a lifestyle choice, I live in Houston and will be faced with traffic in the city. I have owned a GTO and Z-28 with standard transmissions, but the thought of sitting traffic with a manual is not appealing for me these days. I'm struggling with: should I keep my perfectly good Nissan Z as a daily driver or do I trade in the Z?
The two cars are obviously very different. If money isn't an issue, keep it...especially if it has years and miles. If you do decide to let go of the Z, do so privately. Based on what I've heard and seen, C7 dealers have been playing hardball with trade values. Not only are they in max profit mode for the C7 but they're taking advantage of the market hype, great reviews, and short supply to "hook" trades on the day you do your final paperwork. They probably won't give you a firm trade value until you feast your eyes on your C7. At that point, you can be as pliable as a kid looking into the eyes of world's cutest puppy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome...Orange stripes on the white car. That will be the first I have seen like that...can't wait!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I also bought sight unseen. When we ordered mine we had only seen some random online pictures. While I was waiting for mine to be delivered I saw two coupes that happened to be in the area but never drove one or ever got inside one. Mine is a convertible and I hadn't seen one in person until I picked mine up. I am so happy with it. This car is incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One of my favorite cars is the 69 Z-28 in orange with dual white stripes. Can't get that combo in the Stingray but you can get the reverse, these stripes might have just recently been added as an option. I think you could do orange, grey and white stripes for $950. You could also do the stinger instead of the stripes.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Well, if you are looking for attention, you are sure going to get a ton of it.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Very nice.... Must be a optical illusion but the Orange strip doesn't look lined up after the vent on the hood.
It's an optical illusion. Zoom in and you see it drop down into the valley for the air vent.

Screen Shot 2014-02-08 at 1.23.29 PM.png

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
Congrats bumparker! Looks great.:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts