Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After the success of our previous survey, the quality design team asked if we could get our Stingray Forum members to participate in a very short second survey. This time around, the survey is a much simpler and easier process that can be accessed through the below link:

https://qtrial2014.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8wAaB7NX08hwu0Z

As of right now, we plan on leaving the survey open until at least 10/31. If we decide to push the deadline back, I will update the thread accordingly. If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please feel free to PM me. Again, thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your insight.

Enjoy your weekend,

Austin J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Administrator
16,279 Posts
Tend to agree with Glen. Keep the steering wheel for critical timely controls.

·
Administrator
16,279 Posts
The last question on the survey asks for additional input but there was nowhere to write it.
You are correct. This was pointed out to them prior to posting but unfortunately they did not have time to modify it. I suggest that if you have comments you can send them via PM to Austin at CheveroletCustomerCare.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Do they just want to be like Ferrari? Leave it where it is.
Am I okay losing clearance for my hands on the steering wheel just for a new button? Who thinks that would be a good idea?

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
I agree with you. It is a bad, bad idea. What is next? Thinking of putting the trunk release, hood release and garage door buttons on the steering wheel?

Somebody in GM is bored, but not thinking things through. They don't need a gimmick like this. Leave good alone. Not all changes are progress. Not all changes (just for the sake of change) are good. If it isn't broken, don't break it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Done.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I agree with everyone else. I don't want more stuff on the steering wheel. I already think there is too much there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I actually like that on the steering wheel. Right now the buttons for track switching (|<<, >>|) and volume are on either side and are pretty big. I don't know if they have to be.

There's ways to design things that would make this work without adding much clutter. My Subaru Forester XT has drive mode selection on the wheel and it's fine. There's even still room for more stuff on the wheel because of the compactness of what's on there.

Personally I don't use cruise control all that much so for me having that stuff is straight-up useless on the steering wheel, hahah :)

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Whether it's a good idea or not, I think it's great they are discussing ways to improve Corvette. Not all ideas are fantastic; however, discussing and getting feedback may lead to other ideas. Keep the ideas and surveys coming.
This is an excellent point, and so very true!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't like the idea of putting any car control stuff on the steering wheel
Volume and display is ok because you accentually hit that stuff while driving
but I don't like the idea of any thing that controls the modes I think it's in a perfect spot now way change perfection???
If not broke don't fix it
all for Ferrari owners I have talked to
that what they all hate abought there
car is all the controls are in the steering wheel why it moves and I think your important controls need to be in the same place all the time!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Steering wheel controls don't bother me. Some have astutely posted that controls should not get in the way of driving, and I agree. Personally I have always been enamored with the Hands On Throttle And Stick (HOTAS) concept found in fighter jets. I think control location is ultimately a mindset. So far I've found the C7's buttonology to be thoughtful and well executed. As long as future iterations continue that trend I'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are correct regarding the last survey question, TNSQUIRE. As jsvette suggested, please PM me with any additional input pertaining to this and I will compile a document with the suggestions I receive. This document will go straight to the quality design team along with the rest of the survey data.

Thanks again for taking the time to complete our survey,

Austin J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,432 Posts
It left no room to say, "I seldom use the mode select so it's fine where it is!" Like what we have now, ability to have right hand switches change what they do depending on what mode your in. I currently often put it in radio so I can change the channel with the up and down switches.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not brought up in the survey, but I would like to see the paddles for shifting the A8 changed from rotating with the steering wheel to a fixed position on the steering column. Along with longer paddles that would be accessible through approx. 45 degrees wheel rotation either side of center.

Ed

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I like the way the steering wheel is setup now, if GM designs a different version I'm open minded and will give it a go. Look at the C7 minor changes there and major changes elsewhere and it turned out to be a wonderful masterpiece!!!

SF
Rick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.