Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Shawn.

Not sure if you have had time to look through all forum posts regarding the paint on many, if not all, C7s. Some folks coin the old "orange peel" expression while others disagree. Regardless of what you call it, it's far from a great job. Based on your portfolio, it doesn't appear that you have attempted any paint correction to a C7, as yet. That's certainly understandable. That said, if you haven't already seen one, up close and personal, may I respectfully suggest that you do so and post an opinion. Until recently, I wasn't considering any 'correction' but I'm starting to rethink it.

Looking forward to your thoughts when you have taken a personal look.
To answer your question every factory has ssirls marks and imperfections on the paint. Every vrhicle also has some level of orange peel to it. Some vehicles have more then other. Also some colors will reveal more imperfections then others.

What you have to take into account when wetsanding orange peel out there is a minimum standard of clear that needs to be on the vehicle before the clear starts to fail. Before wetsananding or buffing sny vrhivle it is important to measure the thicknest of the paint. This will give you an idea of how much room you have to play with.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.