Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radio has poor reception in AM and FM. Does any body have this problem? I have compared it to other cars that I have and there is a definite problem. I took it to the dealer and they told me after they did some updates to try it out. There was no change. The Dealer tells me that if the update does not work that they need to replace the antenna under the back bumper and they will need a couple of days for ordering and replacement. Before I took delivery of the car the dealer had to take the bumper off to install the spoiler. I am wondering if the antenna connection was improperly installed. Anybody else have this problem with poor reception and if so do you have a rear spoiler? I am also wondering if the antenna is poorly grounded. :confused:

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Wait, there is a radio ;);) ? I seem to remember using it once or twice in RedHot, but the Symphony in V8 sounds sooo good I forget to use it. But when I do I have not had any reception issue. :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got mine back from service today with the same problem. Service manager said the Corvette tech said it's going to be a lot of work and to bring it back on Tuesday. Reception on FM has been terrible since I picked the car up six weeks ago. I've been listening to XM and hadn't been paying attention to the issue but had some free time so I took it in. Will let you know the outcome next week.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here's another radio question. When I'm on a road trip in unfamiliar territory, I've always been able to use "search/scan" to find radio stations that are to my liking. This has been a standard feature on all car radios for as long as I can remember, but I have not been able to find such a feature on the new C-7. I hope it's something I've overlooked. Can anyone help me? Thanks. rp

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got mine back from service today with the same problem. Service manager said the Corvette tech said it's going to be a lot of work and to bring it back on Tuesday. Reception on FM has been terrible since I picked the car up six weeks ago. I've been listening to XM and hadn't been paying attention to the issue but had some free time so I took it in. Will let you know the outcome next week.
Thanks I would appreciate that.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dennis

No window coverings. The car is a convertible and I wonder if may be the reason different placement of the antenna.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Here's another radio question. When I'm on a road trip in unfamiliar territory, I've always been able to use "search/scan" to find radio stations that are to my liking. This has been a standard feature on all car radios for as long as I can remember, but I have not been able to find such a feature on the new C-7. I hope it's something I've overlooked. Can anyone help me? Thanks. rp

Also, don't forget to turn on the Bose AudioPilot

"Next-generation Bose AudioPilot® noise compensation technology helps maintain the sound system’s performance under a variety of driving conditions that can impact the audio experience, from the roar of the Corvette’s engine to the din of the outside world when the top is down on the convertible model. AudioPilot 2.0 uses a strategically placed microphone in the cabin that continuously monitors background noise, while a sophisticated Bose® algorithm analyzes the music signal and adjusts it to reduce the effects of ambient sound. This technology operates automatically, enabling drivers to focus more on what’s coming down the road and less on audio controls."

Reactions: 53Vette

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great videos! The videos should be distributed with car. Any one else with poor radio reception and possible remedies.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A little off topic. Has any one had any experience with poor radio reception and the fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also have pretty poor reception, although I haven't driven it enough to really examine the issue. That being said, it definitely isn't as strong as my other vehicle in similar locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had mine in service twice for this issue and the technician pulled a brand new stingray off the lot next to mine and both vehicles had poor radio reception. I was informed instead of having the vehicle taken apart due to the antenna located in the rear bumper I should wait and see if GM issues a recall. I live in the suburbs of Chicago (30miles) and never had radio reception issues before so if anyone else is experiencing this PLEASE report it so we can resolve this.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I've had mine in service twice for this issue and the technician pulled a brand new stingray off the lot next to mine and both vehicles had poor radio reception. I was informed instead of having the vehicle taken apart due to the antenna located in the rear bumper I should wait and see if GM issues a recall. I live in the suburbs of Chicago (30miles) and never had radio reception issues before so if anyone else is experiencing this PLEASE report it so we can resolve this.
The wife's 2014 Caddy has an inferior radio to our other cars (other cars get good reception in an area, the Caddy does not). I think GM needs to hire some new antenna engineers...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was told basically the same thing. They said that they had to pull the back bumper off to repair it and it may take several days because the part had to be ordered and they would not guarantee that it would work any better. Is your car convertible also?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes mine is a convertible.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts