Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if i want the oem sill plates or aftermarket, what is the consensus about these?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Comes down to taste. I like all of them. But I keep my C7 stock. Charlie aka cutnout

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
not sure if i want the oem sill plates or aftermarket, what is the consensus about these?
I purchased the Stingray sill plates which the dealer installed and the dealer gave me the Corvette plates so I can change them out if I want to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see, i didn't even know there were different oem ones! Any chance you have pics of them?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here's another stupid question. I just looked them up and see that the are not "stuck" on with tape, but have clips. If I didn't order them from the factory, what is there in place, or are there no holes if you don't order from factory???

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the stingray, looks nice! So Suzy, are you saying that if I didn't order the option for the sill plates when I ordered the car I'll get those same ones but that say corvette because that's the standard ones?? I'm asking all these questions cause I'm not going to be getting the car till jan or feb at the earliest and I'm going to give the wife some ideas for Xmas. :D

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I like the stingray, looks nice! So Suzy, are you saying that if I didn't order the option for the sill plates when I ordered the car I'll get those same ones but that say corvette because that's the standard ones?? I'm asking all these questions cause I'm not going to be getting the car till jan or feb at the earliest and I'm going to give the wife some ideas for Xmas. :D
the car comes with "corvette" sills...if oyu order the "stingray" sill and it will be shipped to the dealer for his install before you take delivery. He will then hand you the corvette ones he took off. He does not get to keep them, although some will try , thinking you're ignorant of that fact...you own both sets...

·
Registered
16 Posts
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1409614408.848193.jpg I did these. They light up. You can select your color. Pictures don't do them justice. They're pretty awesome. Not to bad to install

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the car comes with "corvette" sills...if oyu order the "stingray" sill and it will be shipped to the dealer for his install before you take delivery. He will then hand you the corvette ones he took off. He does not get to keep them, although some will try , thinking you're ignorant of that fact...you own both sets...
This is very good to hear!! I thought since there was an option when ordering that it came with nothing, so this is a pleasant surprise and i'll wait to get the stingray ones for a while.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
View attachment 12108 I did these. They light up. You can select your color. Pictures don't do them justice. They're pretty awesome. Not to bad to install
rgcorvette, i saw those and really liked them as well. they have the non lighted ones too.

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,432 Posts
This is a pic of what I added. Matches the Stingray floor mats and new shift knob with Stingray on side. Even put a Stingray on my key chain!
StingRay_Web.jpg Shift_Knob_Web.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I want to update my opinion on these sills. Beware !!!! I've had them installed now for about 3 weeks and they're starting to peel up both driver and passenger side. And yes they were installed correctly . This Really sucks!!! Because I had a lot of hope for theses. I've contacted the manufacturer and the seller. They won't replace them. They want me to remove them and send back so they can repair them. So beware!!! This is a real pain in the A$$ to do. I've asked for replacement but they won't do it .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow that sucks!! But, if you have the original, why not put them back on and send the other ones in to get fixed? The manufacturer may come to find out they're un fixable and ship you new ones.... and even if they don't and fix yours, they'll be fixed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree. But these overlay the original sills. So I have to pry them off . Only part of the overlays are peeling up. Not the whole thing. So really no way of getting off without damaging or bending them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ahhhhh i thought they replaced the originals, not adhered to them. I understand more now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1411660361.432413.jpg
If you look close you can see where the clear plastic tape has delaminates from the carbon piece. This is installed by the manufacture. Just a defect. And they blame me for bad install???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts