Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
So lately ive been noticing more and more chips on the trunk part like right where it closes the chips are pretty big and now metal is showing another one has popped up in the past few days. I checked where the hood closes and nothing seems to be there that would cause it. Anyone else got this issue?

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
I am not sure that this is in the same place you are describing, but I have had one from day one on the body lip/flange (upper right side of trunk opening looking from the rear) that the trunk closes onto. I am just waiting for my touch up paint to come in to take care of it. There are no other or new chips that have occurred to date (2500+ miles).

P1060233.jpg

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I have seen pictures that others have posted with paint chips in that area. I believe a few people had it get worse with time. Keep an eye on it, and see if there are other areas around the back hatch on the inner lip. It might require remedial paint work by your dealer, or someone you select to fix it. You will need to talk with your dealer about that.

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Chip. I have checked and fortunately not seen any other issues but will certainly stay on top of it. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Hi jroes57,

If you do decide to take it into the dealership, please let me know. I can call them before hand to set it up for you. I can also make sure that we have everything documented in our system.

You can PM me. Thanks,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
remember don't use the brush on the touch up...runs entirely too much, too fast...dip a toothpick and let it flow from the pick into the chip...multi coats, 30 min between coats...maybe 3-4....after 3 weeks. not until then...then a light buff with Meguires scratch X 2.0 from your auto part store...

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
remember don't use the brush on the touch up...runs entirely too much, too fast...dip a toothpick and let it flow from the pick into the chip...multi coats, 30 min between coats...maybe 3-4....after 3 weeks. not until then...then a light buff with Meguires scratch X 2.0 from your auto part store...
Good advice. Thanks Glen.

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
I have used Dr ColorChip for several years. I really like it. It is easy to use, hard to goof up, and the finished spot looks excellent. One reason is that you provide them with your VIN and they ensure a color match to your car. I have it on order for RedHot. Here is an example from my Porsche,

before

Hood before finishing.jpg
after

Hood finished.jpg

And it is not just for little jobs, here was my hood reflecting a number of uber high speed drives through the desert:

Hood logo pre.jpg

and after Dr. Colorchip:

hood post.jpg

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
That sure looks better than my previous attempts of paint chip repair using other methods!
My services are available :). Seriously it is a very easy product to use and get great results. Just follow the directions that comes with your order. Practice on a couple and soon you will get the same results. :cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi jroes57,

If you do decide to take it into the dealership, please let me know. I can call them before hand to set it up for you. I can also make sure that we have everything documented in our system.

You can PM me. Thanks,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Great Customer Service Kelly!!!

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to take the car back to the dealer and have them check the alignment of the hatch. GM. Will fix the effected areas. Please do not ruin this car by doing touch up work or have so lot gypsy a professional painter needs to repair these areas of concern.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 19 of 19 Posts