Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I have my baby on a battery tender pretty much all the time she's parked, the battery is coming up on 5 years and I am looking to replace the battery before I run into trouble it.

I've been looking around for a replacement and the AntiGravity LiFePO4 with their re-start technology peeked my interest, but before I go and spend almost $900 on a new battery, I wanted to check in here if anyone is currently using a LiFePO4 battery and maybe even an AntiGravity one?

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Not familiar with it, but I am perfectly happy with the AGM I replaced RedHot's with from Batteries Plus, a X2 Power AGM part number SLI48AGMDP. It has a 5-year 100% replacement warranty, and 775 CCA at a quarter the cost of the AntiGravity LiFePO4. Personally I would be concerned at spending that amount of $ with IMO such a weak warranty. I could be wrong, but I think the AntiGravity LiFePO4 warranty is only 3 years direct replacement plus 2 years prorated.

Reactions: Sauraus

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,100 Posts
Hummmmm $900 is a lot of money for a battery with a such a short warranty period. That said, If someone bought a battery every 5 years @ $180 it would take 25yrs to spend $900 and they are guaranteed a fresh battery every 5yrs over the next 25 years.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not familiar with it, but I am perfectly happy with the AGM I replaced RedHot's with from Batteries Plus, a X2 Power AGM part number SLI48AGMDP. It has a 5-year 100% replacement warranty, and 775 CCA at a quarter the cost of the AntiGravity LiFePO4. Personally I would be concerned at spending that amount of $ with IMO such a weak warranty. I could be wrong, but I think the AntiGravity LiFePO4 warranty is only 3 years direct replacement plus 2 years prorated.
Got this battery yesterday, installing today.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG getting the old battery out of the trunk was a real PITA, no handle, no strap, no nothing to lift the battery made for some choice words being uttered during the process....

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
OMG getting the old battery out of the trunk was a real PITA, no handle, no strap, no nothing to lift the battery made for some choice words being uttered during the process....
I tried to forewarn of that in my write-up. But you are correct, it is a real PITA. Don't forget to take the breather tube elbow off the old battery and connect to the new one...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried to forewarn of that in my write-up. But you are correct, it is a real PITA. Don't forget to take the breather tube elbow off the old battery and connect to the new one...
How did you guess on the breather tube? Put it back on today after forgetting it on Friday.

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
How did you guess on the breather tube? Put it back on today after forgetting it on Friday.
:D It seems to be an easy thing to overlook based on discussions with others who replaced their batteries. Glad you caught it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Although I have my baby on a battery tender pretty much all the time she's parked, the battery is coming up on 5 years and I am looking to replace the battery before I run into trouble it.

I've been looking around for a replacement and the AntiGravity LiFePO4 with their re-start technology peeked my interest, but before I go and spend almost $900 on a new battery, I wanted to check in here if anyone is currently using a LiFePO4 battery and maybe even an AntiGravity one?
Wow pricy & it wont make the car run any better.

·
Registered
458 Posts
no handle on my Harley battery & hard to get at. I used and old belt & screwed into the terminals - easy pezzy

·
Registered
87 Posts

I've had mine on a Battery Minder Plus on my C7 since 5/14. Still going strong. I use the same on my 6 boat batteries, on a charge loop and all are fine after 7 years. Maybe I'm just lucky.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,100 Posts
A real PITA! I learned after the fact that AAA which I have comes to you remove and replace your battery for I believe $160 and that will save the hand bruises for me next time.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Lithium batteries like a different charging cycle than AGM or flooded lead acid batteries. Unless that battery has it's own circuitry to modify the charging current from the alternator, you might be compromising it's lifespan.

And if you're really worried about needing a jump start, and wanting it for the Restart technology, you can buy a small Lithium jump starter battery for a whole lot less money than a new AGM battery and the jump start battery combined. Way, way less.

I think anti gravity markets mostly to the Ferrari and other exotic car crowd, and their pricing reflects that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts