Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I placed an order on May 23rd and I'm patiently waiting for my new toy to arrive. I'm still at 1100. I know it's only been two weeks (exactly) but I'm impatient! Just curious if one, anyone here ordered on or around the same date I did and two, if any of you have moved from 1100 yet? For anyone else, how long did it take you to move from 1100 to that next step? My dealership keeps reassuring me that I'll get the car, I'm just impatient! Thanks for your inputs in advance.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Reactions: elegant

·
18,669 Posts
And our forum sponsoring dealership MacMulkin recently put out a notice that they still have unused/available 2014 allocations.
Call: Tommy Thompson Jr. @ MacMulkin Chevrolet (Nashua, NH)! He's at: (603) 475-9903; [email protected].

They can get you the 2014 you want!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My car was ordered on May 30. How do you find out if the order as moved to the next step? I know how you feel (impatient). I was told about 8 wks.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Rodsfirstz51 please see my post #2 on this thread. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I gave the dealership my fine payment on 5/24. I finally got to code 1100 on 5/30. But I quickly progresses to code 3000 on 6/4. My 3LT stingray includes the z51 and performance exhaust package. So far so good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Geez my iPhone substitutes words for me. It was a down payment and my order progressed. :cool:

·
18,669 Posts
Rodsfirstz51 and usafj1976, talk with your dealer this coming Tuesday afternoon and they will definitively know, via there looking your order up on their WorkBench program, whether your order was accepted by GM (acceptance equals status code 2000 or above). If so, your 2014 StingRay will be built!!!

Conversely, if you are still status code 1100 on Tuesday afternoon, then you only have one more chance, the June 12-17th consensus process. If your order is still status code 1100 on Tuesday, the 17th, then you will not be getting a 2014.

As noted above, you do have an option to go to a dealer with 2014 allocation if your order is status 1100 as of this Tuesday afternoon -- but only for a couple of days, and only by going to immediately dealer with remaining 2014 allocation

You will not have any option for a 2014, if your order is not picked up by GM on the 17th.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered a Z51 on 5/27. I got confirmation it was at 2000 on 5/29. It went to 3000 on 6/4. The key to your order moving quickly is ordering from a dealer with allocations to get the order done. My dealer was very up front and told me exactly how many coupes and convertibles he could order for that week. I also had no other orders in front of mine. I also got supplier price which knocked $6000 off msrp. I think you should really do some diligent research in the next few days. Ask for 100% proof your dealer can get you a car for 2014. 1100 status means absolutely nothing besides indicating your order has been placed by the dealer. If that dealer is out of allocation for 2014 models, you won't get your car built. 6/12 will be the last allocation handout day. Many of the low Corvette selling dealers are already out of allocation and won't be receiving any more on the 12th. Orders move to 2000 on the next Tuesday after an allocation has been given. It then normally moves to 3000 on the following Wednesday. So, if you're not at 3000 by 6/18 your order will just be stuck at 1100 and you would have to reorder for a 2015. If you don't wanna wait for a 2015 you need to act fast and find a dealer that can get you a 2014 for sure. I've learned a lot in the past few months leading up to ordering my C7. There's a lot you need to look out for, as far as dealer knowledge on ordering C7's. You may already know these things I've stated, but if you didn't then I hope I've been able to help. Would you mind disclosing who you ordered from?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi jsvette, thanks for the link. I actually saw that thread (and unfortunately, this site) AFTER I ordered the car. Wish I knew about it prior!

Elegant, I just might give them a call later this morning. I wonder if they can deliver to NJ? I have a trade in as well. Not sure how that works state to state.

I wasn't aware of allocations and all that good stuff until after I found this forum and placed the order. That being said, when I was at the dealership, they told me something along the lines of, "We actually have an allocation for a 2014 Stingray". Again, not knowing what all that meant, I thought to myself, 'Sweet!" and I placed the order on the 23rd of May.

I ordered from Lucas Chevrolet in Burlington, New Jersey. Anyone know of any dealerships in Jersey that still have 2014 Z51 allocations?

I plan on going to my dealership this morning. I want to find out about this allocation and see if it was a Z51 allocation or a non-Z51 allocation. Now if was the non-Z51 type, does that mean I won't get it? Since I already placed the order, what form should I be asking for to verify that they indeed had an allocation for this car?

Here's one other thing. Since I've ordered the car, I've been looking online at stingrays at other locations. As I was poking around online, my dealership's website came up and actually got one in (1LT, Z51, 7 speed, etc.) last week. I was tempted to buy it instead but I want the one ordered (different options, etc). I talked to my dealer about it and they said it only took 4 weeks for it to get there and they have another one (white) coming in a few days (Another Z51). These were not special orders, just regular cars coming to the lot to be sold to whoever. So if that red one took only 4 weeks, and my order is at 2 weeks... it doesn't seem feasible that I would get mine in 2 weeks or so... does it?

Sorry for being long winded, but I really appreciate everybody's advice!! I'll keep everyone posted on how I make out. Thanks again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few more questions guys, sorry! :cool: If my dealership did indeed have Z51 allocation, does that mean it WILL be built or MIGHT be built? If it was a non-Z51 allocation, what does that mean as far as my order goes? I know there are constraints on the Z51 package but I'm not sure what that means for my order. Does the fact that they have been getting Z51s rather quickly (4 weeks) on their lot mean anything?

Thanks again for everyone's help, it's very much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it was a non-Z51 allocation that means they can only order a non-Z51. Another very reputable dealer explained what to look for in another forum.

Quote: "If the dealer is willing he can provide you with a copy of his consensus report which clearly shows what he asked for and what he received. Then each week on Thursday, the dealer can share with you his weekly placement report. This report will show the allocation for the week and the constraints that apply.
A reputable dealer is willing to share this information and prove to you his ability to order a new Stingray and have the order filled."

Take heed to these posts. Time is winding down fast on ordering a 2014. Find out if this dealer really has allocation. They should be able to show you proof. If they can't, I would start contacting some other dealers ASAP. Like I stated before, I ordered a Z51 on 5/27 and went 2000 instantly. I skipped right over 1100. That's how it works when a dealer actually has allocation for a car right then. I'm already at 3000-queued for production. I ordered a TR Z51, 2LT, mag ride, NPP, nav, red calipers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all quick reply, more later. Just got back from the dealership. I'm at status code 2501. Hopefully that's a good thing. Not quite 3000, but close... Thoughts? In my cell hard to type :)

·
18,669 Posts
Anything status 2000 and above means they will build your 2014 StingRay! Congratulations!!!

Note/update, as further delineated below there is one exception to its future assembly, so please read the rest of this thread. Thanks "rdslon01 for making me smarter,"

·
Registered
827 Posts
FYI - For anyone living in mid-Michigan, Glenn Buege Chevrolet in Eaton Rapids, MI has a Z51 Final Consensus Allocation available. Contact Kristen Buege at (517) 663-8111 or by email [email protected]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I sure hope that's the case! I meant to type my event status code is at 2051, not 2501. My history on the workbench sheet shows this

1100 prelim order accepted - May 23rd
1102 prelim order added through web - May 23rd
2051 order changed through web - May 28th

Am I still good?? Man, I'm going nuts! Lol

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Anything status 2000 and above means they will build your 2014 StingRay! Congratulations!!!
John, I do not believe that to be true.

2051 means that the order was changed through the web. This 2051 code also happened to my wife's car. As strange as it sounds, 2000 comes after 2051. As far as I know and understand, he is still not safe yet.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
I sure hope that's the case! I meant to type my event status code is at 2051, not 2501. My history on the workbench sheet shows this

1100 prelim order accepted - May 23rd
1102 prelim order added through web - May 23rd
2051 order changed through web - May 28th

Am I still good?? Man, I'm going nuts! Lol
The good news is that your dealer shared his workbench status codes information with you. This tells me he is being a straight shooter with you. Also, from reading above, he has received at least two Z51 deliveries in the past few weeks. This says he is getting Z51s, which is a great sign. Does it guarantee he has one more Z51 allocation which he will give to you? No, it does not GUARANTEE it, but, man, all the signs do look really good!

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
A few more questions guys, sorry! :cool: If my dealership did indeed have Z51 allocation, does that mean it WILL be built or MIGHT be built? If it was a non-Z51 allocation, what does that mean as far as my order goes? I know there are constraints on the Z51 package but I'm not sure what that means for my order. Does the fact that they have been getting Z51s rather quickly (4 weeks) on their lot mean anything?

Thanks again for everyone's help, it's very much appreciated.
No problem. If your dealer gets a Z51 allocation, and assigns that allocation to your order number, your car absolutely WILL be built, unless something crazy happens like aliens invade Bowling Green to confiscate the StingRays to take them back to their home planet. :)

EDIT: Okay, there are a few silly ways your car would not get built. For example, if you ordered a convertible and have the cargo mat as an option, that would cause problems since the cargo mats are no longer available. The dealer would need to delete the cargo mat from the order, then it would get built. Did you order a coupe or a convertible?

Also, if you ordered Cyber Gray paint, your car will not get built.

If you ordered a coupe with the dual painted plus transparent roofs option, you need to check with the dealer to see if his allocation allows for this or not. If not, switch to the standard painted roof, and buy the transparent roof after delivery from a Chevy parts department, or online.

If none of the above apply to you, then your car absolutely WILL get built if he gets a Z51 allocation for your model type (coupe or convertible) and chooses to match that allocation to your order.

Just hope the aliens don't come and take over the Bowling Green plant. Haha. I've heard they also love StingRays in the Delta Quadrant, you know. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts