Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm falling more and more in love each day I drive my new 2LT C7. Fantastic build quality and tight feeling drive.

It's hard for me NOT to want to drive this thing everyday. Which brings me to my question for folks.... Any ideas on a way or APP we could design to put the car in temp limp mode? Whenever I pull up to a Valet, I see that drooling look in his eyes.... It's hard to hand him the keys knowing he's just a stupid decision away from squealing the tires down the street to where he can do cookies in the parking garage. Visions of the decapitated silver C7 from earlier posts dance in my head.

So- Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Currently, you cannot use valet - or any other way - to put the car in a limp/reduced rpm mode...the valet just locks certain storage areas and the displays...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I had read that on the boards. Hoping one of the genius techs on the boards figures out an App or something. Would be a great little project challenge using the SDK package GM has put out for developers. I have a little experience with building apps, but not the level that I would trust myself at all to try something like this.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
It might be good (& funny) to be able to "invoke" the 4 cyl. mode if you had to drop the car off for issues not requiring full engine capability.

·
Administrator
15,766 Posts
The best solution is to never allow a valet to park it. Never allowed one to do it with my other cars and have no intention of allowing any valet to do it with RedHot. If you have to use a valet area, usually they will agree to have you park it where it won't block anyone else for a few extra bucks. If not, drop your passenger off and park it yourself and walk back. :cool:

Reactions: Jims-c7
1 - 6 of 6 Posts