Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Corvette
15 Posts
I didn't think I would think CarPlay was worth all that, but I love it. I paid $1400 (state and county taxes in Florida). I paid extra to keep the factory NAV and an extra $50 for the 6 month warranty. They use new factory components - which was a huge factor in my decision.
Hey which shop in Florida? I'm in Tampa, FL. Trying to get this done in a 2015 3LT Z51. Thanks.

·
Registered
1999 Corvette
15 Posts
Looks great. I’ve been struggling with this too as I have a 15 Z51. I’ve been looking at this as I really expect I’m going to keep this Corvette for a long time. How long did it take you to do it? I too live in Florida so appreciate the total cost you shared.
Where in FL?

·
Registered
1999 Corvette
15 Posts
I spoke with Infotainment Company today about the difference in their $1400 vs $1000 option. Also, if you are military active or retired you are eligible for 10% savings discount using code: holiday

1. This Option allows you to keep Factory NAV infotainment functionality if you currently have:

• 2014-2015 Chevrolet Corvette MyLink® IO6GPS Navigation Radio Upgrade: $1400
2. This Option removes Factory NAV infotainment functionality but screen will mirror your phone:
  • 2014-2015 Chevrolet Corvette MyLink® IO5 GPS Navigation Radio Upgrade: $1000
Was the 10% for veterans only for the holidays or still going? I'll have to find out as I am a vet myself.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
844 Posts
They always have 10% going on...... just asking for 10% I am sure you will get......They also if I recall if you speak to them on the phone they have a list of organizations or affiliations that provide the discount.

The people on the phone are trying to sell units and get a commission to they are probably pretty liberal about sealing a deal by giving a 10% discount that really is already baked into the pricing in my opinion.

I have a birthday coming up and pretty sure my kids will come together and get it for me as a bday gift since they asked me what I am currently saving for. They know me in that I have since they were kids have a jar where I would always put 1's,5's,10's or sometimes 20's that I had in my pocket daily for my slush fund to purchase frivolous discretionary non-essential things.

As much as I have given them and they love their dad I am sure they will buy outright for me.... :)

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
844 Posts
USMCV and TXAg92:

Those who live in Florida go to Infotainment website where they list certified verified installers. Maybe member "stevette" who installed himself and lives in Florida might be close enough to show or assist with an install as I think he did his in about an hour if I recall correctly. Maybe send him a PM/Conversation message.....

Infotainment Installer Locator

After having the NAVTOOL module for a while mainly for the ability to add a parking camera to my '15, I decided that although the option to mirror a smartphone video was handy, not having touchscreen functions was an issue. This makes using Waze Nav and other apps a bit distracting while driving.

Well, today I replaced the Radio Control and HMI modules with the ones Infotainment sells. I was a bit concerned about whether or not I'd lose any functionality after reading some reviews. I'm tickled to say my initial testing turned out great!! After reconnecting the battery and firing her up, I plugged in my iPhone and everything came to life on the screen! It took a while before my Sirius/XM synched up and became available, but everything appears to be working.

The installation was pretty straightforward and just as shown in their Youtube link.

View attachment 277601

View attachment 277602

·
Registered
1999 Corvette
15 Posts
USMCV and TXAg92:

Those who live in Florida go to Infotainment website where they list certified verified installers. Maybe member "stevette" who installed himself and lives in Florida might be close enough to show or assist with an install as I think he did his in about an hour if I recall correctly. Maybe send him a PM/Conversation message.....

Infotainment Installer Locator
Thanks for the handy dandy list! I'm making some phone calls to shops.

·
Registered
105 Posts
No problem. Did you end up getting the upgrade?
No, I haven’t done it yet. It is on my radar for this year.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
844 Posts
Since my 2014 doesn't have Carplay, I ordered a reprogrammed HMI and ACI which would provide Apple Carplay or Android Play capabilities as the 2016 C7s have.

So, I am prepared for the new units to come in the mail by getting the current one ready for removal ahead of time. This will allow me to mirror my phone and use other apps such as WAZE and show on the Infotainment Screen.

The driver side is easy peasy but the passenger side was challenging because it is housed in a plastic covering and one video shows you pushing the unit out of clips with your thumb.

The other video shows that didn't work for one person and they ended up breaking the plastic cover by pulling on it but it actually made the remove much easier per his comments.

In my case, note that it is very tight and awkward position working underneath there and dislodging the unit just wasn't budging after about an hour of trying so I grabbed a dremel tool and cut out a square (red arrows) of the plastic cover and was able to slide the unit out. Install should only take 30 minutes to put things back together once units arrives.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts